Mostly harmless

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
right, this is in response to all of the bunker buster and anti-armor rocket builds I've seen...working name, mostly harmless. lets see what you all think :). off hand I would guess the dry weight should be about 17oz.
Rex

View attachment mostlyharmless.ork

heh, heh. yes it was an intentional reference:). there do appear to me that, some folks would build a 'Baby Bertha' and then 'glass it so as to use the 'big' C engines(tip, buy some 'Loc motor tube 1.52', and save a bunch of time). just figured that perhaps some one should show them that you don't need a v-max motor if the rocket doesn't weigh 5 lb.s :).
Rex

right, this is in response to all of the bunker buster and anti-armor rocket builds I've seen...working name, mostly harmless. lets see what you all think :). off hand I would guess the dry weight should be about 17oz.
Rex

Nice looking rocket... What's your plans on a color scheme?

Mostly Harmless.jpg

Last edited:
42. hadn't gotten that far in the planning stage(color/launch lugs)...but since the nose(Aerotech, by the way) is one of those that paint doesn't stick to, I thought I would simply leave it white. yellow and red work well together...
Rex

42. hadn't gotten that far in the planning stage(color/launch lugs)...but since the nose(Aerotech, by the way) is one of those that paint doesn't stick to, I thought I would simply leave it white. yellow and red work well together...
Rex

Good Answer... ;)

Last edited:
Now you have me thinking of a whole fleet of Hitchhiker's Guide ships: The Heart of Gold, the Vogon cruiser, the Bistromath...

Now you have me thinking of a whole fleet of Hitchhiker's Guide ships: The Heart of Gold, the Vogon cruiser, the Bistromath...

Ultimate Question... Earth... Hotblack's Galactic Hyperhearse (AKA The Stuntship)... Frogstar Fighter...

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread, but I'm going to deraill the thread for a second...

My son was trying to do some math in his head the other day, I don't remember the exact problem, but he'd broken part of it down into 6*7, and couldn't remember what that was. So I gave him the following hint:

"It's the answer to the Ultimate Question..."

He got "42" right away.

I must be doing something right. :grin:

one of the reasons this sub forum is here is to inspire ideas :), and since I started with a hiker theme...:)
Rex

You could cover it in fine Turkish linen like a towel. You could include a clear payload bay where the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster would be shaken, not stirred during the flight, providing a refreshing cocktail upon recovery. A silly lump of green putty you found under your arm pit one morning for nose weight? Oh such craziness, I should let you get back to rocket science while I keep trying to figure out this flying thing.

Last edited:
You could cover it in fine Turkish linen like a towel. You could include a clear payload bay where the Pan Galactic Gargle Baster would be shaken, not stirred during the flight, providing a refreshing cocktail upon recovery. A silly lump of green putty you found under your arm pit one morning for nose weight?

We also have to have a Milliways (Restaurant at the end of the universe) theme

one of the reasons this sub forum is here is to inspire ideas :), and since I started with a hiker theme...:)
Rex
I don't know anything about this stuff Rex, I'll keep protecting us from tank attacks.

In lieu of a paint job, just slather it with decals of Vogon poetry and enjoy the screaming as you hand it to the RSO.

A silly lump of green putty you found under your arm pit one morning for nose weight

The following is the truth... I'll swear on a stack of HHGTTG's...

Not all that long ago, I found a lump of green putty (a mixture of yellow and blue poster gum) firmly embedded under my armpit one morning. I found that it was easier to cut it out then to try and pull it out.

And I am a Poet...

The Road, Sky and Mountain​

You watch as the pedals move
in a never ending circle,
twin wheels beat the pavement
smoothly silent.
The red bags hanging on the front
flap slowly in the pine scented breeze.

The sky is perfect
few puffy bright clouds
against the morning sun.
A hawk catches the first thermal,
spinning in the sky.

The whistle of a car's wheels behind
is followed by a quick rush of wind,
and the glint of the sun off the window.

The road is straight and narrow
unbending for miles.
Trees, needle thin, point to heaven,
yet the road points to the snow capped peak
miles away,
never growing or shrinking as you pedal to it.

Submitted by the author, James C. Parsons
Copyright 1987, All Rights Reserved

I goofed when I mentioned the 'dry' weight estimate of 17 oz....that should read 17 oz. pad weight w/ G64-8, my bad:). problem with Vogan poetry is that the LCO sits next to the RSO at our launches...wouldn't have anyone left to mash the button...
Rex

DON'T PANIC!!!

Grab a Towel!

5758879942_095fd13ff9_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back