LOC 4-29SS Builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Rocketman

Reaction score
I have two LOC 4-29SS builds I'm completing. One rocket is an older kit and the other is a newer kit. Both rockets are being built the same way - as dual deploy rockets.

The rocket tubes are laminated with 1 wrap of 2 oz. fiberglass cloth and Aeropoxy laminatng resin. Aeropoxy epoxy is is used throughout the builds. The 1/8 in. wood fins are also laminated. Parts utilized in both builds include custom made ejection baffles, stainless steel quick links, stainless steel eye bolts, 15 ft. 3/8 in. colored Rocketry Warehouse nylon shock cords, GLR nomex chute blankets, Top Flite thin mill nylon drogue chutes, LOC nylon main chutes, LOC A/V bays, Acme rail guides and a cutom built 4-motor motor retainer system. One rocket will be painted blue metallic clear coat paint and the other rocket will be painted with red metallic clear coat paint. The rockets can fly on the full range of Aerotech 29mm F-I motors. These two rockets are my motor eaters. I plan to fly both rockets primarily on the new Aerotech disposable G and H motors. A Perfect Flite Stratologger altimeter, Feathwerwieght magnetic altimeter power switch and 9V battery ride in the A/V bays. A BRB900 GPS transmitter and antenna ride in the modified nose cones.

All I have left to do is to prime and paint the rockets. As soon as I get the paint work completed, I will post pics of both rockets. Both rockets should be interesting to fly and experiment with. Getting all four composite motors to fire at the same time is alittle work, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. I have a LOC Tristar also and don't have a problem getting all three motors to hit.

Latest posts

Back