Tripoli altitude records

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iter

HPR Glider Driver
Reaction score
Tripoli records page (https://www.tripoli.org/Membership/CompetitionsandRecords/tabid/285/Default.aspx) has many blank spaces in its record matrix. Inter alia it states:

"With the latest advances in rocketry, including electronics, we have overhauled the program in an effort to address concerns regarding accuracy and consistency.

"All existing records have been retired, but are available for review, while all new records must be established using current policies."

I wonder if that means that any flight that follows official protocol can get any of the blank records? E.g., there is no single-stage F record, only M and N multistage records, etc.

Ari.

Tripoli records page (https://www.tripoli.org/Membership/CompetitionsandRecords/tabid/285/Default.aspx) has many blank spaces in its record matrix. Inter alia it states:

"With the latest advances in rocketry, including electronics, we have overhauled the program in an effort to address concerns regarding accuracy and consistency.

"All existing records have been retired, but are available for review, while all new records must be established using current policies."

I wonder if that means that any flight that follows official protocol can get any of the blank records? E.g., there is no single-stage F record, only M and N multistage records, etc.

Ari.

Yep.

My I record wasn't particularly impressive altitude-wise (it was a thrilling flight though), but I got the record. Well, it's not a bad altitude, per se, but it's a good third lower than what Adrian from Featherweight has achieved.

I understand you have to get an official altimeter from TRA. What type is it?

Ari.

Posted today
TRA is going away from using the club altimeters for under 30k
Also added to the list of approved GPS units for over 30k
YEA!

M

Posted today
TRA is going away from using the club altimeters for under 30k
Also added to the list of approved GPS units for over 30k
YEA!

M

That distinctly changes my attitude toward this..... Who wants to set the lowest F record ever? :)

If they are going back to the old rules of using any available altimeter, then you would think the old records (made prior to needing to request a TRA altimeter) are again valid.

If they are going back to the old rules of using any available altimeter, then you would think the old records (made prior to needing to request a TRA altimeter) are again valid.

It is only going to take a Prefect to write off on the reading. The one I know is scrupulously honest so I'm am glad the hierarchy trusts them. Makes things
simplier. Kurt

This is a great thread/info.

I noticed there is NO record registered for hybridz... I have 2 flights for them, I will do the paper:

- L hybrid 75mm contrail motor 2.657,94m = 8,717 feet
IMG_2527.JPG

- "L" cluster = 3 x K 54mm contrail motor 2.001,82m = 6,565 feet
altimeter.jpg

Last edited:
This is a great thread/info.

I noticed there is NO record registered for hybridz... I have 2 flights for them, I will do the paper:

- L hybrid 75mm contrail motor 2.657,94m = 21,263.52ft
View attachment 183252

- "L" cluster = 3 x K 54mm contrail motor 2.001,82m = 16,014.56ft
View attachment 183253

Denis, I have to admit, when ever I meet you, I look at your rockets, so I didn't notice your feet are so small. :wink:

Seriously, 1ft = 0.3048m, so your rockets flew to 8720ft and 6568ft.

BTW, I would have loved to see your last launches in person, but I was on my way to another rocket launch (trois, deux, un).

Reinhard

woaaaaaa

I shall go directly to the shop and buy new glasses *lol*... thx for the correction....anyway, the right number is in meter, sorry for the crap ft translation *lol*. I corrected.

But even if it was not in the stratosphere..it was high enough for me *lol*...and obviously I could claim the record for this categories...fun!!!

Denis

I hope they would come out with a diameter record ie. 24mm, 29mm, 38mm, etc. not limited to certified motors only

Last edited:
I hope they would come out with a diameter record ie. 24mm, 29mm, 38mm, etc. not limited to certified motors only

They do. It is by diameter and length combination, I think.

Back