I am sad... thanks UPS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcidPaintball

Reaction score
So after nearly 20 years I am getting back into rocketry and seen Estes having a heck of a sale over the weekend and so I picked up 8 rockets. When the driver was bring the box up to my house it looked like it was dropped from the stratosphere then ran over a few times.

Blah. Now I have to wait until Estes sends new product and UPS fixes the situation. I am still baffled why companies still chooses UPS over anyone else.

/rant

Sorry I was really wanting to have fun building my first rocket in such a long time. I built one with my daughter a few years back, but it was one of the nearly ready to fly and I don't count that. A few of these rockets where going to be hers and I was going to present them as a gift tomorrow evening. I think this is what I am more upset about then anything else.

Just hoping when I pick up this fin jig that I will be ordering soon from someone here the shipping company doesn't crush that as well. I think I will be extremely livid over that one.

Estes is really good about replacing rockets damaged in transit. Email them... [email protected]

Hopefully you'll have enough undamaged parts to make more than your original 8 kits.

Pointy Side Up!
Jim

It's a crapshoot no matter what carrier is used. USPS put a delivery of mine on a thousand mile detour recently, when at one point it was two miles from my door.

The Brown Clowns love to play Rugby with Packages for some reason.
When I have a choice I'll order from Companies that don't use UPS.

Yes plus 1 on ESTES customer service. I've had issues with USPS. I guess all carriers have people working for them that don't care about the packages they deilver. Hang on to the damaged kits. You might be able to use them for scratch builds or replacement parts. Salvage through them and see what you can find. I the chutes and streamers would still be good as well the nose cones

In recent times my experiences with ups and fedex have been similar, presuming same class of service. That said , I'm sorry to hear of the crushage of your rockets. That sucks.

What rockets did you choose?

Marc

@K'Tesh - I have already emailed them about the situation. And I was hoping I could hang on to the parts for free thanks to UPS. ;)

@Chadrog - I have had this many of times with items taking a tour of the country. I hvae had items, just like yours, was on a truck to be delivered and some how ended in Penn. i was at a loss on that one.

@Afterburners - Yeah there are always grumpy people in any job that just dont care. I never got that idea due to if I was upset I would speak with the company or I would move on to make my life better for me.

@Marc_G - Leviathan, Ventris, D-region (i got the last one on sunday haha), cosmic explorer, reflector, space eagle, and plasma probe. I guess that is 7, oops. I wanted to get another Pro II but I forgot to add it. Nice thing is that the Pro II's came in another box, which was not crushed.

@K'Tesh - I have already emailed them about the situation. And I was hoping I could hang on to the parts for free thanks to UPS. ;)

@Chadrog - I have had this many of times with items taking a tour of the country. I hvae had items, just like yours, was on a truck to be delivered and some how ended in Penn. i was at a loss on that one.

@Afterburners - Yeah there are always grumpy people in any job that just dont care. I never got that idea due to if I was upset I would speak with the company or I would move on to make my life better for me.

@Marc_G - Leviathan, Ventris, D-region (i got the last one on sunday haha), cosmic explorer, reflector, space eagle, and plasma probe. I guess that is 7, oops. I wanted to get another Pro II but I forgot to add it. Nice thing is that the Pro II's came in another box, which was not crushed.

@ AcidPaintball - Probably... They didn't ask for either of my damaged packages back. Now I need to talk to them again about the package that UPS delivered today to _________ that I'm building a rocket for. Again with the accordion box damage. One rocket was undamaged, the other took some damage in the lower body tube (Leviathan). I didn't order the rockets, so I'll have to go through them for replacement parts.

yeah I've known guys who've worked the UPS sort lines as part-timers in the holidays they aren't as careful as they used to be. The worst combo is when UPS hands off to USPS, I had one Christmass order get lost at the hand off and then the replacement went on a trip similar to what Chdrog reported above, and when it got to me it was in sad shape.

It's a crapshoot no matter what carrier is used. USPS put a delivery of mine on a thousand mile detour recently, when at one point it was two miles from my door.
That happened to me once, too, but it was UPS. Caused by a scanning error.

I outright refuse to ship anything UPS after having so many items arrive damaged. I order items shipped Fedex and if I'm shipping out something and its well packaged USPS works just fine.

Back