Lauch Pad Alarm Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Rocketman

Reaction score
I just completed building my Lauch Pad Alarm 29mm rocket. The rocket design was modified to enable the rocket to fly on the full range of aertotech F-I motors. I first modified the motor mount by trashing the stock mount and installing a heavy duty motor custom made motor mount that would handle the thrust an I-200W motor and lengthened the motor mount tube as well. Four Loc Precision centering rings were used on the motor mount. I then built and installed a custom made ejection baffle. Next, I lengthened the body tube for better performance and increased stability when flying on an I-200W motor. The rocket utilizes a Kevlar shock cord, Top Flite 18" thin mill chute, stainless steel shock cord quick links & eye bolts, Acme rail guides, and and a Slim Line 29mm Quick Lok motor retainer.

The fins and body tube are laminated with two oz. fiberglass cloth and Aeropoxy resin. Aeropoxy epoxy glue was utlized throughout the build. The rocket is painted with Krylon gloss white spray paint. Fin tips and body tube ring stripes are painted with Krylon flourescent pink spray paint. The paint scheme was borrowed from a GLR Talon 2. All in all the build was rather simple to do and went smoothly. Here's a pic of the finished rocket.

Alarm 29mm.jpg

That looks good!
An I motor, wow! I hope you got a large area for that!

JP

Back