Really cool CRASH Photos from April 20th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave Hanson has taken some great photos of recent CRASH launches and has been kind enough to share them publicly on Google. The launch had to be rescheduled to Easter Sunday but we still had a nice smaller crowd, allowing for some of the naughtier rockets to fly. As always beautiful weather for the most part, just a bit of wind as a squall blew over but then nice, sunny and calm.

The pictures of the Estes Crusader in flight are AWESOME!

Last edited:
The pictures of the Estes Crusader in flight are AWESOME!

Those pictures are great!

I distinctly remember trimming that Crusader Swing-Wing... in 1987! Ever since then it sat in a box, and got moved out here with my parents fifteen or so years ago, and then sat in a box some more. I recently found it, got it ready to go, and finally flew it Sunday. Amazingly, it flew like a dream.

I found an SR71 Blackbird as well, but I think I'll hold off on making it into a crazy, Daddyisabar-ish, clustered rocket of awesomeness.

Those pictures are great!

I distinctly remember trimming that Crusader Swing-Wing... in 1987! Ever since then it sat in a box, and got moved out here with my parents fifteen or so years ago, and then sat in a box some more. I recently found it, got it ready to go, and finally flew it Sunday. Amazingly, it flew like a dream.

I found an SR71 Blackbird as well, but I think I'll hold off on making it into a crazy, Daddyisabar-ish, clustered rocket of awesomeness.

The SR 71 is easy to convert to a three motor cluster.

Flying the old rocket that sat in the box for over twenty year can make you a BAR!

Back