Night flight strobe for smaller rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[YOUTUBE]8FEWB5mfsCY[/YOUTUBE]

Very Nice little strobe:
I would only caution not to use it alone on Flashing Strobe mode. Particularly on nights with more then 1-5mph breeze. More then one of our club members have lost BT-80 size birds using a single flashing strobe alone in clustered BP motor models, even on fairly moonlit nights. The Flashing can be lost rather quickly amongst the stars on breeze night flights.

If you really want to use a flashing strobe it is highly recommended it be used along with a steady-on Red or other color Super Bright LED or colored lens strobe to ensure the model is not lost between flashes.
Nice small footprint item find! thanks for sharing it.

Very Nice little strobe:
I would only caution not to use it alone on Flashing Strobe mode. Particularly on nights with more then 1-5mph breeze. More then one of our club members have lost BT-80 size birds using a single flashing strobe alone in clustered BP motor models, even on fairly moonlit nights. The Flashing can be lost rather quickly amongst the stars on breeze night flights.

If you really want to use a flashing strobe it is highly recommended it be used along with a steady-on Red or other color Super Bright LED or colored lens strobe to ensure the model is not lost between flashes.
Nice small footprint item find! thanks for sharing it.

Oh no, my night flight rockets look like the Las Vegas Strip. I was only thinking of this in terms of under the chute strobing the canopy.

I've used this light before for backpacking trips. I usually hang them from zipper pulls just to have one or two as an ultralight backup light, and on more that one trip, I've had my main headlamp konk out, and this little light was my only light source for several days. They work great and are really bright! I personally do not like the one with the swipe switch that was shown in the video. I had one I attached to my keychain, and I was always accidentally swiping it and turning it on. Although for some reason, when I actually WANTED to turn it on, it didn't swipe very well. Irritating. The same company makes similar lights with different switches.

Back