He is Risen!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a far better world if everyone who praised Jesus actually acted more like him rather than saying/doing things he never would condone.

Some of the worst hypocrits do just that.

Last edited:
Then this is really the only reasonable thing to do at this time:

SHE is risen (I know because I saw her multiple times after this). Happy Easter!

[video=youtube;8qbzvNoaVEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qbzvNoaVEs[/video]

ssixsixsix

Has anyone shaken hands with the risen one yet? Drank a coffee with the risen one? Played chess with the risen one? You do know what the definition of a reanimated corpse is, right?

There IS an observable, testable, repeatable, verifiable intelligent designer in this universe. It is mankind himself. No other kind can pass this litmus test to this day.

There IS an observable, testable, repeatable, verifiable intelligent designer in this universe. It is mankind himself. No other kind can pass this litmus test to this day.

Not that intelligent............he wrote that stupid damn book, and now look at the mess we're in.

Then this is really the only reasonable thing to do at this time:

SHE is risen (I know because I saw her multiple times after this). Happy Easter!

[video=youtube;8qbzvNoaVEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qbzvNoaVEs[/video]

ssixsixsix

Saw them live at the Whiskey-a-go-go. W.O.W.

I detect a slight difference in tone in the 2018 responses vs the 2014 ones. And all I can say is "Oh Well". My day was Happy regardless and I thoroughly enjoyed the broadcast of Jesus Christ Superstar. Of course this music was ingrained in the brain from back in the day.

JCS.jpg

Jesus supposedly gave his life for our sins. But according to the myth he rose 3 days later... so didn't Jesus just give up his weekend for our sins?

I detect a slight difference in tone in the 2018 responses vs the 2014 ones. And all I can say is "Oh Well". My day was Happy regardless

This makes me think of that poor fellow who used to be here and I think disappeared out of frustration. He would post the most innocuous things like: "Happy Girl Scouts Day". The thread would invariably turn into a debate about some tangent, start a flame war and get locked. I don't think it was Green Jello, but who was it? Gary Byrum, do you remember? We talked about this poor guy when this kept happening.

*****Update*****
Gary told me it was "dlazarus"

Last edited:
Stealth Steven and Michael although I have respect for your rocket skills - You guys continually are bashing anything God / Jesus related - maybe all religions. This wasn’t a thread attacking the intelligence of non Christians nor trying to convert you, was simply celebrating Easter, yet you are so offended that you try and silence and attack the intelligence of believers every time

I can’t wait to read you build threads and on the same hand can’t stand your attacks when you weren’t attacked. I could see it if you are being attacked but you guys have no class. This is the watering hole - so obviously you are free to post as is the OP but not sure why you feel free to be complete jerks and trashing people’s thread

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Don't forget me too, I'm also a jerk if they are.

My main problem with these types of threads is that they're blatantly against the rules of the forum but they're allowed to remain, whereas if I posted a thread about something Trump did that I think is wonderful it would quickly get locked. Religion and politics are both against the rules and yet are not treated the same.

Nick please don't put me in the same category as the others. Show me one post that I attacked someone...anyone!

Jesus supposedly gave his life for our sins. But according to the myth he rose 3 days later... so didn't Jesus just give up his weekend for our sins?

Not even close. He lived a life of purity so that he could die for your sins.

Nick please don't put me in the same category as the others. Show me one post that I attacked someone...anyone!

Sorry Capt that was an accident and I edited and erased before you posted after I reread your last post. My apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I can live/read scan past the proselytizing, but what really chaps my hide is the gross hypocrisy. Some of the same people who are perfectly happy to wade into a science thread with "If science conflicts with the Bible, science is wrong!" are the same ones who will say that everyone who doesn't agree should just not read those threads. They don't see the difference between someone wading into a science thread with religious commentary where it was neither asked for nor wanted and someone wading into a heavily religious thread with commentary neither asked for nor wanted. They're perfectly happy to do the former but get all up in arms when people do the latter.

Some of them also can't stand the idea that anyone else might have a religion different from them. They're often the same ones who assume that anyone from a Muslim country asking about rockets must be a terrorist planning evil. Somehow, it seems that the Christians get a lot more leeway in their public behavior than any other religion, and that pisses me off since this site has a stated neutrality policy.

It's not true of everyone who posts on the religious threads, but there are several serial offenders.

But don't you believe that he didn't stay dead longer than 3 days?

His body was resurrected. It's not like he was walking around giving high fives to people in three days. The point is, he was not in the tomb when they opened it three days. He never walked the face of the earth again unless you believe South Park's theory he works part time in a music store.

His body was resurrected. It's not like he was walking around giving high fives to people in three days. The point is, he was not in the tomb when they opened it three days. He never walked the face of the earth again unless you believe South Park's theory he works part time in a music store.

Erm. I'm pretty sure Jesus was supposed to have walked the earth for another month or so after the resurrection but before ascending to heaven. Maybe not high fives, but certainly meeting Doubting Thomas.

My take on this, and to denote the tones herein:

"Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Happy Christmas, Happy St. Valentine's day, happy St. Patrick's day, etc.." is a well wishing on the others for a pleasant holiday, a pleasant time off, go do what you want, how you want, and with whom you want. No direct "religious" connotations attached.

(Ask any kid in school about Easter, and it's a day off, maybe two, maybe a week (2 if they're orthodox). chocolate, chocolate, that egg smashing game, A bog meal with ham or lamb (or Brisket, Matzos, Kishka, latkes, gefilte fish), and maybe being dragged to church on Sunday..)

"He is risen, He died for you, The one on the middle cross, Happy birthday Jesus, All praise Allah, And the Israelites started their journey, Moses descended from.." all have a religious connotation. they are all implying some recognizable aspect of a known religion, and are recognized as a celebration of that religion. Despite them all having an equal "happy [tag-line]" connotation.

And, different places put a different emphasis on these days & saying. Your town may shout down for this particular week-end, mine doesn't. Mine will shut down for another week-end (Festival du Poutine! and it religious to some!)

So, you wanna wish me a happy Easter, happy holidays? Fine, same to you!
You wanna tell me how happy you are that he's risen, that your son gave you a gold plates menorah with self lighting candles? Uh, yeah, OK... good for you?

Not that intelligent............he wrote that stupid damn book, and now look at the mess we're in.

If you really want to get specific, the Bible, which I believe you are referring too, was two books. Sure, it has created some friction. It has also been seriously edited and such over the years ( see the council of Nicea for starters). Written by many, and likely edited by many more.

There are other religious texts that have, and continue to cause, issues in the world.

Some could argue that some branches of science, such as they are, have become more religion than science these days as well.

Erm. I'm pretty sure Jesus was supposed to have walked the earth for another month or so after the resurrection but before ascending to heaven. Maybe not high fives, but certainly meeting Doubting Thomas.

After christ was ressurected he was on earth in spirit for 40 days. Then he ascended into heaven. He was teaching the diciples how to spread the Gospel throughout the earth.

If I may, on behalf of my fellow believing brethren, I would like to apologize to those offended by any statements posted by them/us within these forums.

Please understand this one basic concept of Christianity: Confessing belief in Jesus does not make one perfect, but rather is an open acknowledgement that the believer is absolutely imperfect in every regard. Hence the need for Jesus in the believers life.

One other concept to keep in mind: Not all who profess faith in Jesus, actually believe anything in the Bible.

Sorry if this offends anyone...

After christ was ressurected he was on earth in spirit for 40 days. Then he ascended into heaven. He was teaching the diciples how to spread the Gospel throughout the earth.

That was my understanding as well but then I don't claim to be a scholar of anything and make plenty of mistakes.

Fun fact about me, I don't care what you believe as long as you don't try to hurt me if I happen to disagree with you. There is too much of that going on. I only took the time to answer because it was asked and I was dumb enough to take the bait.

And on the Bible, more people have died for it than because of it. It's always been that way.

Last edited:
Thread locked. Sorry folks, saying "Happy Easter" is fine. Preaching is not fine. Insulting, mocking, and being deliberately offensive toward people of faith, is not fine. We're done here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back