Got my level 1

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squawsach

Reaction score
I went to Kloudburst in Argonia, KS for my cert. flight. There was a great bunch of guys there and everything went pretty smooth. There was a little too much wind. I had planned on bring my 4 1/4 pound rocket down on a 48" Top Flight chute but Marty from Piedmont Rocketry suggested that I use a 36" chute to keep my rocket from landing in Nebraska. Marty was very handy to have around and he made sure that I didn't botch my cert. attempt. Thanks Marty.

I picked an H166 from Loki Research for my cert. motor. I had never loaded a snap ring motor before and I was really hoping that I wouldn't screw it up when a U-Haul pulled up next to us. Out of the U-Haul stepped Scott Kormeier of Loki Research. How lucky is that? The guy that made the motor just happens to show up when you need him. He supervised the loading of my motor which really brought my confidence level up.

I have heard it said that you didn't cert. if there is no video. My brother attempted to get video but it was the first time he has attempted to video a rocket. Rockets are fast. I think he did a far better job than I could have done.

I don't know about you, but it looked like it took off a 2nd time... I thought I saw it land in the video, then it was up in the air again.

Congrats!

Thanks guys. I tried to eliminate all possible issues that I may have run into but I was still a little worried. There is a lot that can go wrong even on a simple motor deploy rocket. The good info I picked up on this site helped quite a bit. I don't think I would have scratch built my cert 1 rocket without this web site.

Back