Question about the Estes Partizon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
I picked up a Partizon at the Estes sale and recently got around to starting it. I will get a build thread going when I get more time. Haven't worked on it in quite a while.

It uses these motors:
F26-6FJ
F50-6T
G40-7W
G80-7T

I did read a Partizon build thread on here but it didn't help with this.

My question is about the motor mount tube. It comes with a motor block like all the others I have built but this one is "optional". I have never used composite motors before. Is there something on them, such as a retaining ring or shoulder, that eliminates the use of a motor block? Or is a friction fit. Pretty sure I read friction fitting a composite motor was a No No. It has the threaded section at the tail to keep the motor from falling out, but nothing to keep in from flying into the baffle. This has got me at a stand still on the build. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I know the 'G' motors are just over an inch longer than the 'F'. I would have to mount the block to accommodate the longer tubes and use a spacer for the shorter guys, just like in the Big Daddy. I want to be able to use both size motors.

Most all current production composite single-use motors and all reloadables (that I know of) have a ring at the nozzle end that is larger in diameter than - in this case - 29mm. So... the motor retainer traps this ring between the threaded portion epoxied to the motor tube and the outer ring. This is true, of course, of the four recommended motors. The motor block is not needed.

You could, for example, fly one, two or three grain CTI reloadable 29mm motors in this model as well as the recommended single-use motors. This is what I do with my Ventris and Leviathan and will do in the Nova Payloader upscale I'm going to build out of one of those sale Partizon kits.

Last edited:
Thanks. That answered it for me. I have looked around at the reloadable motor systems but I know pretty much nothing about them.

This rocket calls for F26-6FJ. The only reload I can find close to that is F22-5J. Would that be the one or is there more to it. Maybe I am missing something

I would suggest a 5 - 6' rod for either F26 or F22 as both engines will have a slow lift-off speed. I would suggest an F50 or F52 for a 1st launch.
Rex

I'm in the middle of building a Partizon also. No motor block needed - I plan to use reloadable motors only. Since mine will have some mods and be heavier than stock, F51 will probably be my smallest motor.

Roger that guys. Thanks for the help. I have been brainstorming about a launch pad, I will put me a nice long launch rod on it when I get started on it.

I second the recommendation for a CTI 3 grain case - gives you the option of F, G and H reloads (with spacers for the smaller reloads) and fits well without the motor block. I use it them on my Ventris (and soon to be Mega Der Red Max).

Last edited:
My Partizon runs utilizes a 38mm motor tube with a Slim Line Quick Lok motor retainer from GLR. It will run on the full range of 38mm motors and 29mm motors using an adapter. For 29mm motor use, the Partizon comes with an Estes 29mm motor retainer. Don't install the block. It's not needed when using a motor retainer.

Back