Wildman 3" kevlar bridle attachment length

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timro

Reaction score
I've started prepping the build for my Wildman 3" from the march sale. Parts look great, but the motor mount appears to be shorter than the one used for the current instructions (I think I saw a mention that new instructions are in process outlining head-end deployment). So when looking at attaching the kevlar bridle, instead of 6-8" to epoxy to the mmt, I've only got 2" before the middle CR:
W3mmt.jpeg
Any suggestions? Two options come to mind, first off is just to have the shorter length and be thorough with epoxy encasement and interior filets on upper CR. Second is to mount through both top and middle CR and adjust angle of the sides of the bridle to not interfere with fin attachment and epoxy injection.

I'd go through the middle cr. But I don't have a whole lot of data to back that up.

Got it and will do option 2. Thanks for the quick replies!

I'm at this point in mine as well. planning on going through the mid CR

Janet just completed the fin can for her Wildman DD, she laid out the fin positions very carefully and used masking tape to block off all the areas for fin roots and the internal fillets. Went through the middle CR as well.

All the best, James

Janet just completed the fin can for her Wildman DD, she laid out the fin positions very carefully and used masking tape to block off all the areas for fin roots and the internal fillets. Went through the middle CR as well.

All the best, James

I really like that idea, and did something I suspect to be very similar:
wildmanMMT.JPG

Latest posts

Back