First bug in the works 2014...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight I used white primer over my grey high fill primer layer on my interpretation of the Darkstar... Of course the first mosquito of the season decided to land on it. :facepalm:

Now if I can evict my landlord's car so I can paint in the garage when she's not there, I stand a chance of possibly not getting more stuck in the final coat of paint.

Looks like painting season has begun in earnest.

Just paint it the same color as her car, problem solved.

I live on a dirt road, and my neighbors make it a point to spin their tires and raise as much dust as possible, when they see a rocket drying on the frame work that used to be my awning. Sometimes my paint jobs look like 1000 grit sandpaper. I do my paint jobs after 10a.m. when most of the idiots have gone to work.

Last edited:
wind kicked up a lot of dust/dirt and I spent hours sanding the primer smooth on my 3D Tomahawk this week. Finally gave up and said it will be a 50 ft paint job. Then when putting color coats on yesterday I found a mess of what I have to guess is dog hair in the paint.

Now I know that some of my rockets have gnats embedded. But I can't say I ever snagged a skeeter.

Knats, dog hair, dust, and dirt. Been there and then some. Oh, and barn swallows! :y: @#* birds! :dark: The recovery dogs left me alone for a while, as I cooled down that day. I guess it is just part of the hobby.

Back