Malwarebytes Is Killing My Computer!(FIXED)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
I'm having issues with MalwareBytes. I click on "fix now" and nothing happens!!!

My computer keeps crashing!

Last edited:
Tried to start this Thread twice before but the Computer crashed while I was typing.
I went into the settings for MB and enabled the thing that it said was not enabled, the "Malicious Website Protection", but nothing seemed to change.

If my Computer dies, you Folks won't see me for awhile, as I can't afford to replace it til' I don't know when.
Just wanted to say that here incase I suddenly disappear from the Site for a couple of Months.
It does'nt mean I got fed up with Advertisements or anything like that.

Try uninstalling Malware Bytes, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, it's not the culprit.

Something to check is for dust clogging the heatsink on the CPU -- Turn it off, pop open the can and blow everything out with compressed air.

Overheating CPUs are a common problem of computer crashes.

-Kevin

Try uninstalling Malware Bytes, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, it's not the culprit.

Something to check is for dust clogging the heatsink on the CPU -- Turn it off, pop open the can and blow everything out with compressed air.

Overheating CPUs are a common problem of computer crashes.

-Kevin

Just blew everything out of my Computer last week with the Leafblower.
If I un-install Malwarebytes, I don't know if I'm capable of re-installing it. I don't even remember where I wrote down the Product Key #.

Just blew everything out of my Computer last week with the Leafblower.
If I un-install Malwarebytes, I don't know if I'm capable of re-installing it. I don't even remember where I wrote down the Product Key #.

You bought MB? My cousin who is an IT expert says that the free version is all you need. I never have a problem with it. Every time I start to use it, it always gives me a pop-up saying, "It's been 28 days since your last update, would you like to update?" I click yes and the show goes on.

I had to un-install my free version as it was stopping me from going to a couple of sites that I had to going to for a couple of years. It worked well but it would not ask if I approved or disapproved of a site, it just put it off limits on its own. So it had to go.

I'm back. I had the Email from them with my info, so I un-installed it and re-installed it and now everything seems to be working right again.
I am the least computer literate person I have ever met. Someday, I'll meet a nice Lady who will fix my Computer Woes for me.
Til' then, thanks for the help folks.

TR-I see your ineptitude and raise you +2. If I had a parakeet, he would know more about my OS than I do. I quit paying attention about the time 386's came out. The rope-pull starter cord is starting to look a little ragged. I upgraded when I couldn't stand the hamster wheel squeaking anymore....
Glad you are still with us!

(Sent from my seriously overclocked 286 FP desktop. Not a typo-Fischer-Price-LOL!)

I'm back. I had the Email from them with my info, so I un-installed it and re-installed it and now everything seems to be working right again.
I am the least computer literate person I have ever met. Someday, I'll meet a nice Lady who will fix my Computer Woes for me.
Til' then, thanks for the help folks.

If it happens again, try to remember the time then check your application and system event logs for any clues. Sometimes you get lucky and there is something meaningful captured that you can then investigate. Also depending on your O/S none of the "free" AV editions of AV or Anti-Spyware even rank in the protection category, that is if you look at independent security assessments. I realize there are some on here that would argue but they can't get past the price. I am an IT consultant with close to 25 years in the business.

When choosing protection you're better off to go with history vs who is ranked number one now as the ranking changes frequently. Having said that you have to watch out as some of the manufacturers have taken advantage of their good reputation and produced mediocre products for many years after their peak. Both Symantec and McAfee were two such companies in my opinion but they have recently have made some effort to deliver, again this is O/S dependent.

Back