Question about Rider's Hobby Shop

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astronot

Reaction score
Has anyone here shopped at Rider's Hobby Shop? They seem to have some really good prices on rocket kits and rocket motors. Do they offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount like some of the other Hobby shop online stores do? I've never heard of them before. I found them by doing a Google search for a specific Estes model rocket kit.
Rider's Hobby Shop
If you would, please let me know what you think about them. Good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks,
David

Looks like good prices - well below the "MAP" pricing that Estes now allows. They only sell motors below the magic 30 gram propellant limit so they can ship them via USPS ground legally. They also sell the entire displays that you normally see at large retailers like Wal-Mart (the bix diaplay boxes with many motor packs inside).

You can contact them to get their shipping info (i.e. the free shipping question). As a retailer, they will want to answer you questions to encourage you to buy from them.

if you are going to buy from them, do it soon, before they are told to revise their pricing to conform to the MAP policy.

I'd love to have one of those store displays in my basement - full of course.:D

Our club bought a few of them when Target and Wal-mart had blow-out clearance pricing a few years ago. Most of those are used up now. We are currently buring through the BSA sale motors and another huge purchase I made from one of the big online vendors who posted in the yard sale forum to get rid of items (lots of "Cobra" labelled motors and old mini motor bulk packs) that had not sold for over a decade.
I'd love to have one of those store displays in my basement - full of course.:D

Back