We have space program stuff on our $ 5 bill

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area66

Reaction score
I just notice today that we have space program stuff on our $ 5 bill

8694157272_8990e8bcca_b_zpscdb65333.jpg

Yes, Canada is *WAY* smarter than the USA with respect to their coins and notes. You do not have the Crane Paper Company controlling things, or you would still have "paper" $1 and $2 instead of the money/tax saving, durable and easy to use (and bacteria-free) Loonies and Twonies.

Is the $5 polymer? (I looked it up: Yes/Oui https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_five-dollar_note )

Last edited:
The US Space Program didn't escape from US currency's notice... I give you the Florida Quarter

florida-quarter.jpg

Not the best designed quarter in the US, but fortunately, not the worst either.

The US Space Program didn't escape from US currency's notice... I give you the Florida Quarter

florida-quarter.jpg

Not the best designed quarter in the US, but fortunately, not the worst either.

And there was the "silver" dollar coin in the 70's with the Apollo 11 patch design on the back. I always liked that one.

70's 80's and 90's

Reverse of Eienhower and Susan B. Anthony dollar coins. SBA minted in 1979, 1980, 1981 and 1999 (they ran out before the Golden Dollar was ready and had to mint more to meed demand).

You can call the Susies "RARE APOLLO XI DOLLAR COINS FROM THE 1900's" to make people actually look at the reverse design.

You can still find a few in the commingled rolls of circulated dollar coins at your bank. At least until the legislation passes and they optically sort them (by machine) and sequester them for sale to dollarized countries or collectors and then melt the remainder.

And there was the "silver" dollar coin in the 70's with the Apollo 11 patch design on the back. I always liked that one.

I had a coworker with family in Canada get a couple for me and some others, they are neat I really like the clear section, also I worked on the SPDM / Dextre.

Will that serial number now get blocked on Where's Willy?" ? (It's probably not a real s/n anyway...)

it's not a real one, on the real one it's hard to see Wilfrid Laurier head and the parliament tower . The real bill is engraved too.

I always carry an Eisenhower dollar from 1978 in my pocket. It was the year I graduated college and it came in handy when I worked on the 13th floor of a 16-story office building (lots of time waiting at the elevator at lunchtime - I looked like George Raft standing there; look it up).

The Canadian money looks beautiful and the US currency is coming along.

In the US we usually put all of our space program stuff on a credit card (issued by China)... :wink:

Back