Field box inventory

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codysmith

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm getting ready for my JR. Level one launch and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what you have in your range boxes.
Thanks,

That's a huge list! I have a large tackle box that's stuffed.
Tape is important, scotch, masking, painters, electrical and duct.
finger boards, wire, pens, wire ties, BP charges, multimeter, wood screws, machine screws, allen wrenches, copperhead clips, sand paper in various grits, hobbyline wrench, lighter, quick links, and a dowel. Just to get started. The tools are in a different box.

My advice, every time you miss something or have to borrow it, put some in the range box. It won't take too long and you'll have a huge but complete box.

Hi Cody,

For your Jr L1 bring your rocket, with recovery gear and motor retention.
Bring Masking tape, and anything else you might need to prep the rocket.

Bring your motor case and motor (if you have them already) - but do NOT assemble the motor.
Bring a camera, camcorder, Mom, dad, and friends etc.

Print out this form >> https://www.nar.org/pdf/JRHPRForm.pdf fill in the top section, applicant information, (only)
Bring your NAR card. Bring money for launch fees (if any)

Bring your L1 Certified Adult Mentor - or meet him/her at the launch.

Be ready to show or explain the CP and CG of your rocket, and talk about your rocket construction.

Did you do anything different from the instructions? Be ready to explain why.

If you have a simulation or some calculation about how long the delay should be... print it out and bring it.

Find the instructions for assembling your motor online. Study them, then study them some more (don't even think about assembling the motor yourself) You just want to be familiar with the assembly.

Be ready to answer any questions the cert team, and RSO may have.

Last and most important - remember to relax and enjoy the moment... it will be over before you know it.

Have fun and good luck !!!

Both posts have great info. I would suggest grease or silicone spray for motors ( depending on type of motor) and also baby wipes to clean up cases after launch if you are using.

I like the advice from Scott on "know your rocket". Impress the RSO by being able to identify CP and CG, talk confidently about how you built and why.

As also mentioned "have fun". Get someone to take pics at the pad before the launch, the launch itself, recovery, and post flight.

Good luck.

Thanks, I hadn't thought about printing out the sim but I'm going to. Also, I want to get a sticker for the CP and CG so it will be quick to identify and move the CG for every launch.

Back