Wildman Club Question(s)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm considering joining the club since I realized that Tim has some decent prices on his motors as well as his kits, but overall do you guys save a lot through the year?

I try to buy every Black Friday, but how much more can you save during Black Friday as a member?

Thanks!!!:)

May sound funny, but I don't join for savings, although that is OK--I join for events... Jackie is a great hostess at the Lehr homestead and there is usually a Midwest Power and LDRS member party.

I have no self control spend some though out the year so save some each order , my first summer order last year paid for club fee , 2 jr kits + odds and ends

math I bet figures out to 10% discount

I did notice that some of the kits with the club price can be as much as $30 less depending on the kit. The kits I looked at were Tim's kits, but I figure if I bought 1-3 kits a year and odds and end I would get my money and then some.

From time to time there are specials for Club members only. He did that the Wed before BF sale last year,giving members first crack at some items that were limited.
Also there are surprise deals via newsletter from time to time. Ya just never know.

The first year I signed up, like you I was very cautious. Had my spreadsheet open and the math didn't lie..if I burned a couple of G motors and an F35 a month ..I was money ahead on the club membership.

Also had this thing where I was ordering LOC motor mount tubes and using them as needed with my mid power kits and scratch builds. Not only did I get the club discount ..I got the 'bundling ' discount . Previously I would buy a few things from mfg a and vendor b and each would have its own freight charge...now they were riding along with the motor order.

Then the sale came round..and I was blown away ! Actually
have been through three sales now and still amazed how much the membership helps.

Kenny

Thanks again guys I appreciate the input. I will go with a membership and get the savings. Kenny you make a good point of being able to order all your stuff from one place. You will definitely save.

From time to time there are specials for Club members only. He did that the Wed before BF sale last year,giving members first crack at some items that were limited.
Also there are surprise deals via newsletter from time to time. Ya just never know.

I screwed up and didn't buy a Extreme Dark Star on that Wednesday sale :(

hehe if you really want the 3 inch darkstar PM me, I've got a few in my trailer waiting for some lucky person to snatch up....

Back