Out of Print Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies....I should have stated " Out of Production"......I thought out of print may be a different spin on my thought.

You're not the one who should be apologizing. That was a pretty piss-poor welcome.
The Condor and Satellite Interceptor were the two I most wanted to find a way to rebuild when I started back in 2001. They've since reissued the Satellite Interceptor, but I did it the hard way first.:wink:

Cineroc with Omega launch body (updated to have an 808 #16 camera)
Maxi Icarus
Cherokee D (in short, and long versions, and the PNC-55AC nosecone faithfully upscaled into all common scales)
1/35 scale Mercury Atlas (with 29mm motor options)

The list only grows from there.

Last edited:
You're not the one who should be apologizing. That was a pretty piss-poor welcome.
The Condor and Satellite Interceptor were the two I most wanted to find a way to rebuild when I started back in 2001. They've since reissued the Satellite Interceptor, but I did it the hard way first.:wink:

It was a Piss Poor Welcome, which is why this Site should have a "New Member Introduction" Section like other Sites do.

This Forum should have an "Introduce Yourself New Members" Section, as it seems that most of these new Members recently start Spamming by their 3rd or 4th Post.
For the OP, if your Post is Legitimate, Kits I'de like to see reborn are the Estes Eggspress and BlueBird Zero.

And why not? It took this poor guy 10 replies before he got an answer to his question...

All the OOP kits that I'd like to build, I'm upscaling. I'm currently laying out a 4x Mars Snooper II.

And why not? It took this poor guy 10 replies before he got an answer to his question...

All the OOP kits that I'd like to build, I'm upscaling. I'm currently laying out a 4x Mars Snooper II.

Hyperbole, it was post #4 Luke Skywalker said he wanted a Saturn. I still just want B14's...please. Even at nearly $4 each from Hobby Town I want them.

Is this how you guys plan on treating every new member that joins this forum. What kind of example are you setting. All of you should appreciate the fact that the forum has new members and instead being a$$hole$ treat them with a little more respect. Give the guy a break.

SkyTrekker welcome to the forum and ignore the morons....most of us here on the forum are always willing to help out. I hope that you have a better experience with your next post.

Last edited:
SkyTrekker, do try another nicer forum like https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/

Since TRF has gone for profit, many have moved to Ye Olde Rocket Forum. You'll avoid much of the anti-social stuff you witnessed here.

https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/

I'll see you there!

Interesting perspective. I've generally found some of the members of YORF to be far more snarky and generally unpleasant than TRF. Part of that was simply that I have little interest in "the olde days" and the rockets of yesteryear, and part of it was the hideous political harangues that were going on when I visited. I have since heard that they are less frequent so perhaps it is different than when I was a more frequent visitor. I don't mean to bash YORF, it clearly has its place in the hearts of a lot of people, it just wasn't for me. Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors for a reason. Obviously, your experience has been different.

Interesting perspective. I've generally found some of the members of YORF to be far more snarky and generally unpleasant than TRF. Part of that was simply that I have little interest in "the olde days" and the rockets of yesteryear, and part of it was the hideous political harangues that were going on when I visited. I have since heard that they are less frequent so perhaps it is different than when I was a more frequent visitor. I don't mean to bash YORF, it clearly has its place in the hearts of a lot of people, it just wasn't for me. Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors for a reason. Obviously, your experience has been different.

YORF fixed those loose ceiling tiles, so it's safe now.

To answer the original question, I'd like to see:

Estes Vindicator
Estes Blackhawk
Estes Stealth
Estes Jayhawk
Estes Black Hole Space Probe (don't laugh, it was an unusual design)
Estes Alien Explorer
Centuri SR-71
Centuri ESS Raven
Centuri SSV Scorpion
Centuri Little Joe II (the 3" one)
NCR Bomarc
anything from Roachwerks

At my last job it was real hard to get an "Out Of Cycle" (OOC) check printed. Since kits come in and out of the production cycle all the time, would "Out of Cycle" be acceptable lingo?

I would love to see all the Maxi Brutes come back in cycle. Space 1999 Eagle, Space Shuttle, Gemini, Titan III, Mercury Redstone/Atlas.

Now for my Ode to Billy Bob's Model Rocketeer Lingo:

Some people call it a Sling Blade; I call it a Kaiser Blade.
Some people call ‘em motors or injuns, I call ‘em shooters.
Some people say cato, I say C.A.T.O.
Some people call it Wood Glue, I call it Wussie Glue.
Some people say Out of Production, I say dern it, I’m a gonna have to pay big bucks on FeeBay!

Back