• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[SOLVED!] Mystery decals... ESTES PN 37582

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a set of decals that I cannot for the life of me figure out where they belong. It's labeled ESTES INDUSTRIES PN 37582. Unfortunately, I don't have the plans for whatever rocket it was intended for.

It is printed in black and red. It has three red number 4's and four red squares. The remainder of the decals are black, and consist of two U.S. ARMY decals (written in the vertical orientation) three decals with the words "TEST CONN" in rectangles with triangles below them, three stripes (about 1mm wide, probably capable of wrapping a BT-55), six rounded edged rectangles, and what looks like four "hinged" fin decals.

I wish I had a scan, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. Here's a bad cell phone taken photo:

13887336783_a00f3edbb3.jpg

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Ok, I finally managed to figure it out...

In the 1983 catalog, I found the Estes SAM-4 (1357)... This is clearly the decals from that kit.

Now the mystery is... Where did I pick these up from? I never bought one (it's not my style).

Weird...

When I saw the posted decals I immediately thought "Nike X".
I never saw the Sam X before today.

I have a few decals sheets where I have no idea where they came from.
I would guess they were thrown in on some Ebay rocket lot parts purchase.

If you are planning to work up a decal set, that would be great. I have an old Sam-4 that is in desperate need of a "facelift"

I knew of the SAM 4 but I never found a scan for it.

JimZ has the plans but no decals scan.

Scan has been uploaded...

13902952054_0ac43c0696.jpg

Now if I could only find my Ranger (1955) decals so I can scan them... JimZ is missing those too.

Last edited:
Back