CMASS-April 26th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berlinetta

Reaction score
Who is going? What is everyone flying? After a very long winter, I will definitely be there.

I am looking to fly:

Magician on a D12-5
Eliminator on a E9-6
Viking on a C6-7
LOC Magnum mini missile on a C6-3
LOC Weasel on a F45-5
Black Brant 5C on a F25-4
Hellfire on a J275W

I can't be there all day but I am going to come and at least hang out for a little bit. Not sure if I will have anything to fly. Haven't been to a CMASS launch in forever!

Matt

I'll be there and I can't wait. I have so many models I've built this winter it will be a tough decision as to what I will bring.

Most likely it will be : Estes Ventris, Estes Partizon ,Estes Dark Silver, Fliskits Thunderbird, Estes Long Tom.

I also have an Estes Ascender and some E 15s and F 16s I'm dying to burn.

I'll probably bring my Loc Weasel too just because it's so much fun to fly.

I plan on being there. I'm not sure what I'll be flying. I guess it depends on what is not in need of repairs.

I will try to make it on up, was planning on going to the MMMSC launch today but other events intervened.

If you check the CMASS website for the launch status and it's not there, check back here. We've been having issues with the website that necessitated moving it to a different server. It's a slow process.

I do know that we have our waiver for the year. We won't get our okay from the farmer and the fire department until midweek.

I had to miss the MMMSC launch so hopefully the fire department and farmer will come through. It should rain enough mid-week to keep the FD happy. I plan to fly an Estes Nike Smoke and either a LOC V2 or a Madcow Aerobee. Maybe both. It's the maiden flight for the Aerobee so I will likely use a G. I will also bring my scratch built gap staged Artemis and 7 engine cluster I flew a couple of times last year. Lots of smoke and flame for the crowd! I really hope to fly a newly designed 5 engine cluster if the winds stay around 10mph or less. I don't like flying new designs in really breezy conditions.

It's going to rain on Saturday and the field will most likely be too muddy on Sunday. Since the farmer would prefer we didn't use the field when it's muddy and since it is available next weekend, we're moving the launch to Saturday May 3 with Sunday May 4 as a rain date. If you know someone who doesn't check the CMASS website often, please let him know. We may or may not be able to send out email. The website is getting closer to fixed but it's not there yet.

My guess is that the rocketry weather and computer gods are displeased with Bill's attempts to organize and clean out his basement and are having fun with us!

My guess is that the rocketry weather and computer gods are displeased with Bill's attempts to organize and clean out his basement and are having fun with us!

Their puny attempts to mess with me will not be successful. I plan to use the extra time this weekend to box up the auction stuff freeing up valuable workshop space that may even give me enough room to get a couple of rockets ready for next week.

I didn't sign up to help with RSO or food service because I had other things happening this weekend and wanted to use the short time I would be on the field to fly. I don't have that issue next week so I can help out if needed. I know we can't sign up to help with the launch due to the website problems so I will ask around when I get there.

The website says it isn't working. It's on the internet so it must be true. :smile:

I'll try your link.

AMW has Estes D11-P motors. Estes did a special production run.

If you use them, this is your chance to stock up.

Price breaks at 10+ and 25+ packs.

Looking forward to flying after the long, cold winter.

I'll be launching:
Spinning Saucer of the Apocalypse (2x G64 + 8x D12)
Voodoo Daddy (8x D12-5)
Turbine Rocket Saucer (6x D12)
plus some classic saucers

I was wondering if anyone would be able to do video and photos of my Hellfire flight?

Just a reminder to everyone, the CMASS website is still having issues but the article on the home page has the schedule for the day and the information to use to check the status.

Still plenty of volunteer slots available on the sign-up sheet.

Don't forget your sunscreen - sun angles for May are roughly the same as those for July! Looking forward to the first CMASS launch of the year!

The Hellfire flight was successful. Altitude was 2,860 feet and landed not too far away. Thank you Boris for taking the video and pictures of the flight.

Great day for flying! I got in several test flights of a new Proto Gemini capsule idea I've played around with since the '80's :)

Not much selling, but LOTS of flying and a lot of FlisKits kits in the mix, which is always nice to see :)

Hope to have my photo album posted as soon as I get my tower back from the shop...

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Back