What"s up with Quest ???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJSR

Reaction score
Any one know what's up with QUEST????
If you go to their web site, they have more things OUT OF STOCK then in stock.
????????????????
Are they shutting down operations??

It is the very peak of the Spring school and youth group buying/building/launching frenzy. Every year they run low on many items as they are being bought up faster than the cargo ships from China can arrive.

We will see what they re-stock and when.

If you do not wish to wait and see, and if speculation by forum posters is not gonna do it for you, then simply call them and ask them whatever questions you have. They will answer those questions which can be answered and that do not give away any competitive advantage (i.e. they may not tell you about new products before they are officially announced).

Wow! Fred you're going soft. You actually answered before swinging the "what did they say when you called them," hammer.

How about "Did you ask Siri?"

(Microsoft Cortana is probably clueless....)

Well fred they said nothing more then they did in January, some time later in the year.

To me that's not much more help then some guy saying to call them,

Thanks for the digs anyway

They are not "digs" and it is not a "hammer", but the people saying this about me are in fact attacking me.

This is a forum of hobbyists. Posting a question about a company website showing stock out of stock will you an assortment of answers - most of which are pulled out of the poster's butt. Unless a poster has inside information they cannot possibly tell you any more than the company itself can tell you.

There is nothing unreasonable about suggesting that someone call a company to ask that company a question about that company.

if the company does not answer your question or you think they are being evasive, you could then do numerous things, including posting a message here that explains that you called them and got an unsatifactory answer and asking if anyone knows any inside info that they are not telling you. Hiring a private investigator to find out the details you seek about their business operations is probably a waste of money.

And, there is always the option of searching past message threads for information on the company and the questions you have related to that company.

Again, these are not "digs". They are simply purely logical suggestions. Especially if you are familiar with the many postings on this and other forums where people make up absurd responses to questions about companies and their status or product availability.

Well fred they said nothing more then they did in January, some time later in the year.

To me that's not much more help then some guy saying to call them,

Thanks for the digs anyway

Fred is right. I've found most of the answers I need are in my butt. If I get stuck, sometimes it helps to just stand up and scratch it.Viola! The answer just flies out!
This is not to say there are some questions we are delighted to answer (sometimes over and over) for newcomers. Experience and longevity in this hobby is no litmus of a perfectly correct answer, but there are those factors we can't control nor have information about. Fred is right about about the huge run on kits and parts for schools and TARC teams. I myself got stuck with over 200 of the last Quest catalogues because I didn't know about the merger. Hopefully Quest will survive the merger (without Nellie,*sob*) and continue to offer the full product line, but we can't know the Marketing and Finance takes under Aerotech's umbrella.
Keep in mind the whole purpose of these companies is to sell product. A simple call to express interest may renew any interest to retain a certain kit/part. WE drive the market. To certain extent,we love to reward good customer service and are very quick (sometimes too quick...) to let other know of our experience, particularly if it was bad for whatever reason. The best of the best (you know who you are!) actually FLY and so can't be two places at once and will tell you so. Like waiting for paint to dry-sometimes patience is a virtue. Please keep asking questions and don't think you've been 'bagged'. We share knowledge as part of this strange brotherhood we're bonded into so everybody gets better and we try not to leave anybody behind, struggling in the dust alone. And yeah-+1 to whut Fred said. My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back