Dog Vomit and blown celulose packing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dog barf is so cheap, easy, effective and biodegradable, I don't really see why people search for alternatives for most kinds of casual flying. If you are in a competition, or for certain high power applications, maybe something else makes sense. But I don't really see any good reason to go to things like rock wool, fiberglass, or synthetic ticking.

me, personaly I cant get cellulose anywhere in my city(i tried) while I can't/wont use the rockwool at the flying field that is grazed, I will use it at out other field that is not. Really I think the best way to go is a baffle of chute protector since it's so reusable.

Dog Vomit seems a little bit more disgusting than Dog Barf --- just a little too real. Dob Barf has a certain playful whimsy to it.

My nephew asked me, "What's that stuff called again? Horse crap?"

I too prefer "dog barf". It just rolls off the tongue easier...

And your nephew. "Horse crap." :lol:

Dog Vomit seems a little bit more disgusting than Dog Barf --- just a little too real. Dob Barf has a certain playful whimsy to it.

My nephew asked me, "What's that stuff called again? Horse crap?"

Ah, road apples... Aka pre-cast ejection pistons... But they only fit BT-70 and BT-80 tubes...

Later! OL JR

I mentioned my purchase of an open bale to a fellow club member and he responded "Hey, I use it all the time in my bigger rockets"... and we've come to an agreement that he'll buy three gallon-sized bags of it off from me for a buck a bag. This means, if I can sell three more, I'll have broken even and have plenty on hand for my own-going flights. Plus, I can support my buddy at work who has a toe in the rocketry field and is trying to encourage his future wife to build and paint her rocket too!

So, half way there.
(Sorry if I grossed out anyone with "dog vomit"...I just never could wrap my head around the term "barf". They are all equally disturbing and offensive to me....)

Latest posts

Back