Nancy Grace

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't watch her. She is rude to guests.

View attachment 169038

That cat with the helmet head did make me laugh -

I'm waiting for someone to start a
"Remove Kathie Lee Gifford from the Today Show"
I'd sign that one too.
There's nothing worse than someone who thinks they are funny.

Yes, the cat IS funny... I had to scroll back up a ways to find out what references to the cat meant.

But I find she is just plain rude. Not only to guests, but in general.
When SNL did the very first parody of her, I didn't recognize who this was that was promising to "come hunt you down". Upon the second repeat, the penny had dropped, and I had seen her. Unfortunately, that which you have seen, the eyes cannot unsee..."

I remember a day that when the network broke in with a News Bulletin or labeled something a " breaking story", the world stopped.... cause it was the death of a president, a cataclysmic event or something that changed our life.

EXACTLY! I remember those days... back in the 80's, when the TV news was about an hour in the morning (followed by the local news which was about 30 minutes), 30 minutes in the evening about 6pm, and 30 minutes of local news at 10 pm... followed by 30 minutes of Ted Koppel's "Nightline" if you watched it...

I remember when that "This is a special report from XYZ News" with the "special bulletin" slide came up on the tv... your butthole would pinch the seat because you KNEW it was something big... assassination, war, shuttle blew up, etc... something BIG... always the outside chance back in the 80's it was announcing a nuclear attack...

Nowdays someone famous loses their d@mn dog they do a "breaking news" thing... the stupid national news "morning shows" run for 4-6 hours, followed usually by an hour of local news/shows. Whole channels devoted to news "as it happens" and usually they're SO misinformed and busy airing speculative guessing BS that it just confuses you more than it informs you... until finally the authorities involved hold a press conference to establish the facts... then they proceed to butcher the facts with various "experts" who speculate wildly and confuse the issues...

"News" isn't what it used to be... meh...that's why I don't watch the news anymore...

Later! OL JR :)

On a much smaller scale, but important to me, Nancy just plain annoys me. Especially since she get's the opportunity to invade GMA once or twice a week. It's the only time I have to tolerate her, and it's time I could have done without, even though it's a small amount of time. Take the mild mannered Dan Abrams with his comfortable, easy to listen to personality, and throw him in the proverbial fight cage with Nancy for a cat fight from hell. Where Dan is trying to use an analytical and educated approach to what ever subject is at hand, Nancy is drowning him out and cutting him off literally stuffing her opinions or analogies down his throat as if using a cannon ram. This is nothing more than a staged event inviting two people, on usually opposite ends of the pole from one another, for entertainment purposes. Yes, it's a show and not real news. You have to wonder why GMA thinks this is important or even relevant. Muting is always an option and is practiced here often.

Strawwalker, you made a really good point regarding, "The news isn't what it used to be", But is anything?

[video=youtube;jb1RrsIIITE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1RrsIIITE[/video]

I am a firm believer in letting networks (and sponsors!) know what we do and do not want to see in their programming. If there are programs and/or personalities that cause us to change the channel, the only way to alleviate the situation is to let them know! As the "consumer" of their product, I have no qualms in telling them when their product is substandard (for whatever reason).

I see no difference between telling Banquet that there is no chicken in their pot pie, and telling Good Morning America that there is something fetid in their programming. The worst that could happen is that nothing is changed. But if we don't complain at all, NOTHING will improve.

The worst that could happen is that nothing is changed. But if we don't complain at all, NOTHING will improve.

Agreed! Speak and be recognized. I do this more often than I ever have before. Your vote counts! Sooner or later they have to listen to the audience. You might end up with an envelope full of coupons in your mailbox from companies that make an attempt to keep your business for their other products, but know this, (and this is off of the given direction of the thread ) THEY DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU! You are the consumer and they rely on you. With the viewer, you are their listener, and they too, do not want to lose that.

Last edited:
There are a lot of stupid people in this nation (for that matter, this world), which for smart people like you and me is, at the very least, inconvenient and annoying, and at the worst can be a serious obstruction to our daily lives as we are forced to deal with stupid BS resulting from their actions.

A major problem is a lot of these stupid people are getting steadily stupider, and purveyors of puerile poo-poo like Nancy are a big reason why. It would help a lot if networks took these morons off the air, so why not let them know? In the meantime if I catch anybody I know watching this imbecile (or many many others), I let them have it with comments like, "Come on, I thought you were smarter than that. You had like a B average in junior high, right? Smarten up and turn that $#$# off."

I hate The Big Bang Theory show. The jokes are stupid and the pace is so slow...here it is with no laugh track.

[video=youtube;jKS3MGriZcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs[/video]

See? Dull and puerile.

CNN needs to keep up its reputation for delivering hot breaking news.

BlSl1TDCAAAIDIP.png

BkGANyyIYAAXK4B.jpg

CNN: Boeing 777 will struggle to maintain altitude once the fuel tanks are empty

I have probably watched about 5 minutes of her in my lifetime. I couldn't tell you if she is conservative, liberal, or middle of the road. Don't really care either. Whatever she is on are shows that I never watch or gave up on long ago.

Likewise there is a member here on TRF whose posts consistently bother me. Of course I simply ignore them and it doesn't affect me in the least. However there seems to be a sizable minority of TRF members who do seem to enjoy this poster and the threads he participates in even though they shouldn't. This DOES bother me and I am finally going to do something about it!

I am going to demand the new owners of TRF ban this poster that annoys me so the others who do enjoy them (but shouldn't!) won't be subjected to them for their own good!

2nd with that member out of the way we should now turn our attention to those members that didn't feel the way I do. There must be something wrong with them. Can't be good for the hobby. I'll identify them too and perhaps we can pull there certifications until they attend some type of re-education camp.

Just thinking......

I am going to demand the new owners of TRF ban this poster that annoys me so the others who do enjoy them (but shouldn't!) won't be subjected to them for their own good!

:eyepop: :y: :facepalm:

:rofl:

You pretty much nailed it, John.

-Kevin

I hate The Big Bang Theory show. The jokes are stupid and the pace is so slow...here it is with no laugh track.

See? Dull and puerile.

Shrox, I love your work man..... But I love TBBT. If you don't, that's cool, but it's one of my favorite shows. Even this clip made me laugh.....

See? Dull and puerile.

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!!

If you genuinely want a LOT of the crap on television to just go away, tell your congresscritters that you support "A la carte" cable instead of being required by the cable companies to sell you tons of crap in a bundle just to get one or two channels that you really care about. If that happens, you can vote with your dollars. Now, if you want the history channel, you still have to pay for Oprah and the Lawn and Garden channel. I have a friend that really only watches NASCAR but to get the NASCAR channels, he has to buy the ultra-super-duper-premium-platinum-edition cable bundle and pays some insane monthly fee (over $150 per month, I think) just to watch two or three channels that he likes. All that money pays to support crap that he doesn't want, doesn't like, and never watches. The cable company really doesn't care if he doesn't like Nancy Grace or Oprah Winfrey or anything else since his checks come in the mail every month.

Only paying for the channels that you want might also influence channels like the History Channel to actually put some history stuff back on since people who specifically choose to watch history might not be thrilled to pay for "Finding Bigfoot" all day.

/end rant

First, I can't stand her. For all the reasons already stated, she is my "nails on chalk board". But I found it interesting when she was on Dancing With The Stars. My wife watches it all the time, and I join her about half the time. When Nancy was on DWTS, she wasn't the brash, arrogant, opinionated, sensationalizing B-word that she is on her show. She actually seemed like a normal person. In fact, it was interesting to see her humbled by the challenge of being a good dancer (she did not meet the challenge). My point is this. It made it clear that Nancy the host, was a persona. Probably half natural and half exaggerated. But even as I saw the more tolerable persona of her, I still refuse to watch/listen to her, even though my wife does.

Petitions are useless. Of all the polls/petitions in the world, there is only ONE that networks care about. It is the poll conducted by Nielson. Don't waste your time signing a petition. Spend your efforts on NOT watching her show.

If you genuinely want a LOT of the crap on television to just go away, tell your congresscritters that you support "A la carte" cable instead of being required by the cable companies to sell you tons of crap in a bundle just to get one or two channels that you really care about. If that happens, you can vote with your dollars.

The idea is really great. There are a couple of problems though:

The time for this to happen was 15 years ago. Now, with all the evolving technologies and entertainment delivery options, the traditional cable model is on the way out the door sooner rather than later. Nobody is going to go to all the trouble of rearranging everything and invalidating hundreds of contracts to get it done while we are in the middle of changing the whole paradigm. Plus, even if it did, I would not be shocked if the resulting system did not end up costing the consumer about the same or more. I'm confident they would find a way to make that happen. Perhaps a baseline charge for "cable" service, and then you get to pay for your channels.

Secondly, the federal government has zero business making any kind of law on how a company has to package or not package their services. It's not health or safety related in the least, and it's just not what the government is for. At all.

(snip)

Strawwalker, you made a really good point regarding, "The news isn't what it used to be", But is anything?

Good point...

Reminds me of that line from "Spaceballs"...

"F**K! Even in the FUTURE nothing works!!!"

LOL:) Turns out the future sucks worse than I thought it would...

If you genuinely want a LOT of the crap on television to just go away, tell your congresscritters that you support "A la carte" cable instead of being required by the cable companies to sell you tons of crap in a bundle just to get one or two channels that you really care about. If that happens, you can vote with your dollars. Now, if you want the history channel, you still have to pay for Oprah and the Lawn and Garden channel. I have a friend that really only watches NASCAR but to get the NASCAR channels, he has to buy the ultra-super-duper-premium-platinum-edition cable bundle and pays some insane monthly fee (over $150 per month, I think) just to watch two or three channels that he likes. All that money pays to support crap that he doesn't want, doesn't like, and never watches. The cable company really doesn't care if he doesn't like Nancy Grace or Oprah Winfrey or anything else since his checks come in the mail every month.

Only paying for the channels that you want might also influence channels like the History Channel to actually put some history stuff back on since people who specifically choose to watch history might not be thrilled to pay for "Finding Bigfoot" all day.

/end rant

Exactly! My brother was the same way... all he wanted was "Speed Channel" and some car hop-up, hotrod, and racing channel stuff... and he was having to shell out big bucks for it, so he dropped the satellite entirely. Not worth the money.

I'm just about there myself. I only got satellite because in the old days, Sci-Fi actually showed good "classic" science-fiction shows (LONG before they became "Sy-Fy" and became the dumping ground for embarrassing wastes of money like "sharknado" and various wrestling and boxing crapola (still don't get that one-- who the h3ll turns on a supposedly science fiction channel to watch FRIGGIN' WRESTLING and BOXING?? :confused2: Makes no sense whatsoever). I liked History Channel back in the day (despite the programming leading to the nickname "the Hitler Channel") and it USED to have genuine historical programming and various documentaries on it... now it's bigfoot crap, alien crap with dudes who seriously need a haircut and a mental evaluation, and other such crap. The "science channels" (Discovery, etc) are all just as bad...

Then of course they take a 90 minute movie and stretch it out to three hours because they have five minute commercial breaks (or LONGER!) every five minutes of the movie... I've seen them do about a MINUTE of the movie in the middle of TWO five minute long commercial breaks! And all this on TV that we PAY FOR, which obviates the need for commercials in the first place...

It's ridiculous...

More and more I find myself simply buying old TV shows from the 70's on DVD and watching them when we have time to watch TV... The only thing I find interesting on satellite TV anymore is the historical dramas like "Vikings" and "Turn"... If I could get them any other way, I think I'd drop DirecTV like a hot potato...

I agree... It'd be REALLY nice to be able to pay for JUST the channels you want... maybe return the focus to where it should be on those channels, and wouldn't have to support utter GARBAGE like anything Oprah is involved with (her own channel... really?? I removed it from my guide-- never COULD stand Oprah and never watched her... sure don't support ANYTHING she's involved in and don't want to watch anything she's supporting).

Just too much garbage out there now...

Of course that's precisely why it'll never happen...

It's that guy from "Two Broke Girls":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=butZyxI-PRs

And Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead. SNL was way ahead of its time!

Rob

I loved going there live many times to see the dress reheasal and then zooming home to see the live broadcast. Saw them perform the Coneheads for the first time in front of a live audience and the NBC pages (glorified ushers) had never seen it before and they were doubled up and rolling in the aisles (which are very small). Also saw Andy Kaufman "perform" and many great guest hosts and musical guests.

Last edited:
No Pohler version links were readily available in the 2 minutes I took to search.

Full episodes are out there, but unless the sketch is in the cold open it would be too annoying to post the link and expect folks to find the sketch.
Oh yea, huh... well it was 5:45 in the morning.......

Likewise there is a member here on TRF whose posts consistently bother me. Of course I simply ignore them and it doesn't affect me in the least. However there seems to be a sizable minority of TRF members who do seem to enjoy this poster and the threads he participates in even though they shouldn't. This DOES bother me and I am finally going to do something about it!

2nd with that member out of the way we should now turn our attention to those members that didn't feel the way I do. There must be something wrong with them. Can't be good for the hobby. I'll identify them too and perhaps we can pull there certifications until they attend some type of re-education camp.

Just thinking......

John....I *think* i know who your talking about. If so i feel your frustration also...

If its me...(just a thought) i'm going to go hide in my shell for a little while...:sigh::eek:

John....I *think* i know who your talking about. If so i feel your frustration also...

If its me...(just a thought) i'm going to go hide in my shell for a little while...:sigh::eek:

Don't hide too long, most of us love you! I thought it was me...

Back