Rubber band guns

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blades

Reaction score
I'm a craftsman, always have been. Professionally, I'm a custom knifemaker and as a hobbyist, I build rockets. As a kid, my brothers and I would build a lot of our own toys and rubber band guns were always popular. Those crude toys are nothing like the designs I've recently started to make. Let me share a few.
2014-04-14 08.02.14.jpg 2014-04-14 08.04.46.jpg 2014-04-14 08.05.14.jpg 2014-04-14 08.05.36.jpg
At present, I'm working mainly with established designs from a Japanese maker who goes by the name OGGCRAFT. https://oggcraft.jp/eng/eng_gun.html
He's got some brilliant mechanisms and interesting designs.

Those are fantastic. I have a few that I've gotten at craft shows and such as a kid. My favorite had a grove down the barrels to launch paper airplanes with.

Very nice!:D Way back when I was in the Military, we had some *Individuals* in our Training Branch that were very fond of their Rubber band Pistols and, Double barrel Shotgun models.

It could be quite an experience too walk in when things got slow!:duck:

It kind of came too a climax the day that one of the guys went home on leave and, brought back a Rubber band Machine Gun!:surprised:

That's right, pull the trigger and, about 25 bands flew in a little over a second....or two.

I remember it was quite a mess when that one got pulled out!:lol:

This is one of the big projects that I'll be tackling soon.

[video=youtube;jCSyraIDKcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSyraIDKcg&list=UUzzLLupUZAJ9DiTv-BgKgJw&feature=share&index=10[/video]

Very cool stuff.
When I was young we all brought rubber band guns to Algebra class.
Got hauled off to the principals office.
They claimed they were weapons of Math disruption.
CC

Very cool stuff.
When I was young we all brought rubber band guns to Algebra class.
Got hauled off to the principals office.
They claimed they were weapons of Math disruption.
CC
O.K. ...Math Disruption....Ill give ya a :lol: and throw in a :facepalm:

Time to resurrect this thread...

I just discovered the OGG/RPQ guns... I've bought a Thompson's Sub Machine gun, and I'm looking to reverse engineer it so I can build a M41-A Pulse Rifle... I'd like to incorporate the bottom loading feature of the shotgun (30 mm grenade launcher), and eject the "shells" from the side.

Back