OK all this ADD talk. now I have an issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
Ok I understand adds pay for the site ANY site.

I understand we all hate them.. they are annoying...

I understand we can block them I have been running addblocker for YEARS works great.

The only time I ever saw adds were when I was not logged in.

I dont get them on my smartphone because i WONT use the app. its way to clunky for me and I dont post enough to post via my phone anyways.. I only read and try to keep a hand on what TRF wants from me..

Ok so heres the PROBLEM. I PAY FOR THE BANNER ADD UP TOP.. why? not to annoy TRFer's but because I think its rocketry related and something rocketeers want.. (I am right you guys do wnat Stickershock stuff?) LOL

PROBLEM IS TODAY NO BANNER ADD... its gone nadda zip zero NOTHING.. and i am PAYING for that add.

Is it me??? has the banner add gone away??

thanks guys for all your support.

I run ad blocker on my phone and laptop and only get the rocket adds . The rest is spam. The banner adds are good

I still see the rocketry-related banner ads at the top today. I've noticed in the past that sometimes when I go to a new page, I do not see the banner, but it seems like that is only temporary, and they always come back.

(And, yes, we want the Stickershock stuff!)

Yeah its really wierd I have not changed any setting on my computer especially addblocker in months maybe years LOL

Today is the first day I have not seen the banner add.

I logged in on my wife's computer and the banner is there.

not sure what I did but I guess the banner is still there its something on my computer.. maybe I got that virus that removes adds LOL

I see some banner ads, but only those that are not flash based (I use Flash-block) or are served via Javascript from the 3rd party website (I also use NoScript). If they are hosted and served from rocketryforum.com, I see them. Otherwise not.

No banner ads in Chome with AdBlock.

Given how much spam there is in this forum, and how it forces people to run ad blockers, it's probably not a wise investment to pay for ads here.

Mark, the ads are there now.

I suspect that while trying to fix an issue, the ads had to be turned off for a bit, or they were inadvertently disabled.

-Kevin

Mark,

I'm now an official 'Paid' member, and I've run ad blocking software for a long, long time. You're paid advertising continues to appear for me on Firefox, and on my iPad.
Overall, I never had a problem with our vendor community's advertising - it's the blatant ad/tracking companies that read your cookies to target you for other products, unrelated to my use of the forum, that bug me.

I never used to see ads on my IPAD until I bragged about it, now I have them. Right now I see a banner ad at the top next to TRF banner and it's Pro-X. Lower, right above the Forum, I see Dragon Plate carbon fiber components. I'm sure it will change to another paid advertiser next time I stop by.

I'm getting the banner ads on most pages, maybe 10% lack it...iPad with Safari. You know I want Stickershock.

Chris (of the old school Cherokee-I)

Sorry for the issue, and please let me know if it persist.

As I've stated this ad blocking system is a variation of the one we use due to the user group permissions and restrictions unique to the site.

Please give me the benefit of the doubt when issues appear. I will work on getting them resovled.

Please give me the benefit of the doubt when issues appear. I will work on getting them resovled.

...and most importantly, send a PM directly to one of the staff -- relying on one of us to catch a public post is a crapshoot, as we may overlook it.

Trust me, we all let Austin know as soon as we're aware of things, and he gets on them as quickly as he can. But public posts aren't the fastest way to get information to us.

-Kevin

...and most importantly, send a PM directly to one of the staff -- relying on one of us to catch a public post is a crapshoot, as we may overlook it.

Trust me, we all let Austin know as soon as we're aware of things, and he gets on them as quickly as he can. But public posts aren't the fastest way to get information to us.

-Kevin

To aid us in doing this, who are the staff? I know a few of you, but a comprehensive list of usernames would be helpful. Perhaps this exists somewhere, and I'm just not aware of it.

To aid us in doing this, who are the staff? I know a few of you, but a comprehensive list of usernames would be helpful. Perhaps this exists somewhere, and I'm just not aware of it.

Going from memory...

TRF Administrator (Austin)
troj (me)
JAL3 (John Lee)
Bob Krech
Pippen (Lisa)
Peartree (John Partridge)

Sorry for the issue, and please let me know if it persist.

As I've stated this ad blocking system is a variation of the one we use due to the user group permissions and restrictions unique to the site.

Thanks so much! all is good!

Back