Aerotech Gforce and Dupli-color "Perfect match"....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horaryelrod100

Reaction score
The closest I could find, in a relative sense of hue/slightly metallic shade for the Aerotech Gforce upper tube, is a Dupli-color offering. I personally think the color of light metallic blue (a Honda factory color), is as good or better than the original "Sea foam green". Though I would preferred it to be exacting as designed, I've heard the Krylon SFG is obsolete......and Honda blue seemed to accent nicely.

Aerotech Gforce.jpg

I like it. Good looking rockets always fly better.

P.S. Your room looks like a hobby store. What are your hours? ;)

I'm glad you have good luck. The better I paint mine the sooner they land in mud, get dragged, scratched or otherwise scared up. Sometimes that great paint job doesn't even last until I get to the pad the first time. :(

I now tend to go for 10 ft paint jobs. As long as it looks good from 10 feet away, it's good enough, but that's just me.

I'm glad you have good luck. The better I paint mine the sooner they land in mud, get dragged, scratched or otherwise scared up. Sometimes that great paint job doesn't even last until I get to the pad the first time. :(

Your right, but I keep deluding myself to justify the time I put into painting...hopefully I'll get to where your at with the 10' paint schemes. :p

But if you make the rocket look too good the “Rocket Gods” might decide to keep it for themselves.

Has anybody tried the DupliColor High Temp. Engine Enamel with ceramic?

This stuff is fantastic. Covers easily and two coats of this paint leaves your rocket feeling as if it were made from polished glass.

But if you make the rocket look too good the “Rocket Gods” might decide to keep it for themselves.

Has anybody tried the DupliColor High Temp. Engine Enamel with ceramic?

This stuff is fantastic. Covers easily and two coats of this paint leaves your rocket feeling as if it were made from polished glass.

I need to try it. Is there more of a color selection?

Back