Rosco Sport Launch May 3,4 Orangeburg SC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimzcatz

Boss, Carolina Rocket Mafia
Reaction score
Hi all, I want to put this to a vote. Voting ends April 30. As many of you know, I fly alot with the Indiana and Illinois bunch. Fellow Chicago Mafia Member Preston Noble will be stopping at the Rosco launch on his way to a much needed vacation. I have convinced him to do a big rocket drag race. The vote is for what motor the membership want to see. Either the classic AMW M2200 Skidmark or the KBA M3500 Redline. We both have this motor in our hot little hands and cant figure which to burn. And no, WE AINT DOIN BOTH!!!! So let us know what it is gonna be!!!

AMW skiddy. Just make sure crazy jim brings his magic igniters... :)

Preston has some unfinished business with the M3500. I think he still needs to remind it who's in charge.

That date is on my calendar of events. I really don't care what motors you launch. It's all about the flying.

Jason, care to elaborate??

Pretty sure that was the motor Preston flew at Midwest Power last year. 1 of the grains was spit out of the nozzle and landed a half mile away and set the field on fire.

I will not fly either, but I am flying my ultimate Darkstar on an M of some sort.

Ahh it's comments like this which keep me from posting on a daily basis.....anyways Jim whatever is decided I'll be happy to fly no matter what....I'll bring the KBA M3500, an M2200skid, and an AMW M2500GG since it's all about the flying. Been waiting to fly at this field for many years and finally meet Ken Allen in person.

Preston

That date is on my calendar of events. I really don't care what motors you launch. It's all about the flying.

I will not confirm or deny that I started a large fire in the field, but yes I flew the KBA M3500 in which something was "shot" out of the nozzle half way thru the burn....:facepalm:

Pretty sure that was the motor Preston flew at Midwest Power last year. 1 of the grains was spit out of the nozzle and landed a half mile away and set the field on fire.

Jim-

Can't wait to make the trip out there and fly at that site. I have a few VHS tapes by Earl Cagle of some of the launches there back in the day. Good to see you again in Indiana at TS5 last week. Look forward to the hospitality out there....

Hi all, I want to put this to a vote. Voting ends April 30. As many of you know, I fly alot with the Indiana and Illinois bunch. Fellow Chicago Mafia Member Preston Noble will be stopping at the Rosco launch on his way to a much needed vacation. I have convinced him to do a big rocket drag race. The vote is for what motor the membership want to see. Either the classic AMW M2200 Skidmark or the KBA M3500 Redline. We both have this motor in our hot little hands and cant figure which to burn. And no, WE AINT DOIN BOTH!!!! So let us know what it is gonna be!!!

Jim-

Can't wait to make the trip out there and fly at that site.

Jim? You know that IF Preston likes what he sees and, feels the warmth of your *Southern Comfort*.....
You might see another member of the Chicago Rocket Mafia down that way next year! I ran the miles and, it's only 693 miles one way.....That's about 90 miles less than i what i put on in the "Big Truck" every night.
Might be worth a run down there.:rolleyes:

Don't forget to give Matt his present from Thunderstruck...

My vote is always going to be for the M2200 Skidmark....I think i've got about 5 or so of them lying around...:p

Enjoy your vacation and, keep us updated Preston!

Well, the 15 hour drive was worth it for me to finally fly at this field. Brought along three rockets with me with two of the three being successful.....Here are a few photos I took while I was there of my flights and a few others....

Gary Dahlke (spelling?) with an AT L1040DM

003.jpg

Tube rocket on an AT K540 metalstorm I believe...

004.jpg

not a good ending unfortunately....

005.jpg

006.jpg

Jim Scarpine on a AT G redline

010.jpg

My Darkstar 3in on a CTI J357BS

011.jpg

My Broken Arrow XP 4in on an AMW L700BB......which didn't end well

018.jpg

021.jpg

025.jpg

Forward bulkhead blow by...first time I've had an AMW motor fail! Oh well, less to take back in the truck with me! At least I got back the payload with both alt's and tracker...

Got a few more to post later....

Gary Dahlke (spelling?) with AT M1297

024.jpg

Jim Scarpine with an AMW/Pro-X M2050skidmark

027.jpg

028.jpg

Due to Jim starting a small fire with that M skid, I decided to switch out my AMW M2200 skid for a CTI M3700 in my Ultimate Wildman

030.jpg

Was surprised it went 8921ft on that motor, but it was a great motor and easy recovery.

Thanks to all members at the launch and the great hospitality there. Seriously, everyone was very great and very helpful!!! I will be back there for sure next year sometime....

Preston

Well, the 15 hour drive was worth it for me to finally fly at this field. Brought along three rockets with me with two of the three being successful.....Here are a few photos I took while I was there of my flights and a few others....

Gary Dahlke (spelling?) with an AT L1040DM

View attachment 171270

Tube rocket on an AT K540 metalstorm I believe...

View attachment 171271

not a good ending unfortunately....

View attachment 171272

View attachment 171273

Jim Scarpine on a AT G redline

View attachment 171274

My Darkstar 3in on a CTI J357BS

View attachment 171275

My Broken Arrow XP 4in on an AMW L700BB......which didn't end well

View attachment 171276

View attachment 171277

View attachment 171278

Forward bulkhead blow by...first time I've had an AMW motor fail! Oh well, less to take back in the truck with me! At least I got back the payload with both alt's and tracker...

Got a few more to post later....

The broken arrow was heart breaking and I did not build it. Nice weekend.

Preston,
It was nice to meet you. I hope you can fly with us again soon.
You put up some nice flights! Sorry about the Broken Arrow, That one zucked.
Keep flying hard Bro!

Back