Ballistic Chicken build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This topic is becoming a shell of its former glory and the yolks on you.

Getting back to the build... I'm starting to put fins on the middle stage. The fins are solid on the upper stage, and were laid on as straight as I could put them (I glued them along side the guide line). I clamped a splint onto the upper stage fins, and use this as a guide to hold the new fins in place. I verified that they were straight down the guide line, too.

stagefins.jpg

Attachments

• bird5.jpg
    bird5.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 51
Getting back to the build... I'm starting to put fins on the middle stage. The fins are solid on the upper stage, and were laid on as straight as I could put them (I glued them along side the guide line). I clamped a splint onto the upper stage fins, and use this as a guide to hold the new fins in place. I verified that they were straight down the guide line, too.

View attachment 169804

Honestly, I just thought you'd wing it...

This build will be a real feather in your cap if you don’t fowl out.

This build will be a real feather in your cap if you don’t fowl out.
This has to go on record as the punniest build thread ever. I really like that transition, btw, but 'pun' spelled backwards is 'nup' and a nups a nup, already! I do hope your rocket comes home to roost. Hope it doesn't thermal away like a chicken with his head cut off. Not to ruffle any feathers, but the nested booster is cool too!
Okay-I'm done.....

This has to go on record as the punniest build thread ever. I really like that transition, btw, but 'pun' spelled backwards is 'nup' and a nups a nup, already! I do hope your rocket comes home to roost. Hope it doesn't thermal away like a chicken with his head cut off. Not to ruffle any feathers, but the nested booster is cool too!
Okay-I'm done.....

I think with all your eggsperience, you should have eggcellent yolks to share. I guess you just need to keep aBreast of things here. I mean really it catches in my craw that you wouldn't have anything more to crow about. You've got to have more pluck that that. I think that you need to keep in mind how the pecking order works around here (and don't lay an egg).

Sunny Side Up!
K'Tesh

I held off as long as I could, but...

[video=youtube_share;PENJxl-THS8]https://youtu.be/PENJxl-THS8[/video]

Sad thing for the rest of us single guys... When this goes out to all the launches, he's gonna get all the chicks.

Back