Wildman is now smoke-free

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Next time you see Tim, offer him a word of encouragement on his goal of quitting smoking.

He hasn't had a cigarette in several weeks, now, so he's making great progress.

It's not an easy habit to kick, so when you see him, encourage him to stay smoke free!

-Kevin

FANTASTIC! I wont see him anytime here too soon.
So, Heres to you TIM...:wave:
Im a little over year a smoke free.

Last edited:
Great, just what I needed. Now I can spend even more time and money in his trailer.

Actually, this is great news and I wish you total success.

Great, just what I needed. Now I can spend even more time and money in his trailer.

I can think of nothing that he would find more encouraging than to have us all able to spend more time and money in his trailer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Good job!!!
Keep it up!
The hardest and most rewarding thing you can do, but well worth it!

Awesome, Tim !!!

It's not easy to quit, but the rewards are simply amazing... Keep it up.

Come to think of it seemed to be something different at TS5--no cig hanging out of his mouth, yah, that is it!

Wow that's great Tim,,,,
There is no doubt,,,,
You can do this.........

You sure will be glad you did..............

I have some tricks for you that will really help if you need..........

Teddy

Keep it up Tim!:D I'm personally down to a 50/50 ratio of the E-Vaporizers and, the real thing right now...

I sometimes wonder if i should have taken up that thing with all the needles years ago instead....*snap* *snap*

Heroin...that's it....

Would have been alot easier to have quit. (That's NOT a joke.)

Congrats...you are doing well , if you don't smoke again - you don't have to quit again .

Hopefully you will feel amazing soon , hopefully it will not be on your mind every minute , every hour , every day...get through it and get done.

Virtual high five!

Kenny

Extremely cool. Keep it up Tim; we are rooting for you!
You deserve to be free of those evil little cancer sticks.

Here's more incentive - when you make it to a year smoke-free, I'll buy an Extreme Wildman in celebration.

I DESPISE cigarettes,
s6

Bill Stewart
Mike Peer
Spyder(Cory)
Mark Wold
John Carver(my dad)

I'd have you talk to these guys about smoking but they're not around anymore...

Way to go Tim!!!

You are an amazing guy and I know "you got this"!

Hope to see you on April 26 at Bong - so I can give you a bunch of my money, and a high five! :)

... Hey - "High Five" - that would be a cool name for a rocket...

Last edited:
To get this in prospective, a few years before cig's killed my Dad, he had to quit going to launches because he couldn't make it from the car to a chair on the flightline.

I found that extremely sad.

I've now lost both my parents primarily due to smoking. PLEASE do whatever necessary to free yourself and your family from the habit.

Finally, good for you so far. Keep it up!

5 years smoke free for me and not a day goes by that at have to remind myself I am stronger than cigarettes.
Wildman...I wish you luck. It is a hard demon to conquer but the reward is great. YOU CAN BEAT IT!!

Called The Wildman today looking for a certain "N" motor i've been planning to burn this weekend...
Talked to Jackie and, then "Capt. Crunch"...

As of today STILL smoke free!:D Good job my friend!...Now if i could only quit...@#$%!

I've never had to quit smoking. But because my dad smoked I did get addicted to morphine during my cancer treatment. And to be honest, I am still addicted to "The kiss of God",I don't take it any more, but I still crave it.

I understand cravings.

I understand needs.

I understand what kind of willpower it takes to overcome the longings.

Hang in there. Trust me, the reward of being stronger than addiction is well worth it!

I quit about 30 years ago. I have two pieces of advice. First, if you fall off the wagon, you can always get back on. That is, if you smoke one don't get depressed, give it up again as soon as possible. Secondly, even after I had quit for several months and no longer had urges every day I would get incredibly intense urges for five minutes or so. These often occurred in situations where I formerly smoked, but not always. Be strong when you feel those and don't give up several months of being smoke free for a smoke.

Good luck -- you will feel better because of it, and steak and beers will taste even better. And I still enjoy waking up and not feeling like someone had rammed a sandblaster into my lungs the night before. :)

Just a quick follow-up on this (I just got off the phone with Jackie).

Tim continues to be smoke-free, and is doing well. Jackie is now working on quitting, as well.

Please give them both support and encouragement when you talk to them!

-Kevin

My "challenge/offer" still stands (see post #15).

Rooting for you Tim, and let's get Jackie smoke-free too?
Woot!

s6

Back