AD's SOLUTION

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
There's been enough said regarding the ad's being displayed lately to finally get my attention. First and foremost, I do understand the forum's need. I also recognize the members frustrations with said need. I also know about the membership that is supposed to rid you of most of the ad's as well as expanding your file boundaries. Nuff on that note.

When I first joined this forum, the only ad's I ever saw were the banner ad's at the top of the page. That was no biggie for me. But I was dealing with being bombarded by ad's everywhere else. I hate ad's, for what it's worth.

I understand that not everyone is on the same communication and surfing levels regarding the internet, and have little or no knowledge about IPhone stuff or Google Chrome yadda yadda. I have Firefox / Mozilla....why are there two names for this? Anyhoo, When I discovered that Mozilla had an ad blocker plug-in, I downloaded it. Solved almost 95% of my ad issues. It even got rid of the banner ads on this forum....(that was unexpected) In fact, I have never seen ANY of these ad's you folks have been talking about! Bottom line was, I had way less ad's than I used to have. And if your surfing provider has bells and whistles that you think you just can't live without, you'll have to deal with what they can't do.

Mozilla is the name of the company (Mozilla Corp. and Mozilla Foundation). Firefox is the name of the web browser. Other software includes Thunderbird mail program, SeaMonkey application suite, and Firefox OS. Mozilla (a portmanteau of Mosaic (the first web browser) and Godzilla), was an offshoot of the Netscape Navigator browser. There are several forks (derivative programs) with names playing on the words "fire" (ie. ice) and "fox" (ie. cat, dove, owl, weasel, etc.). This all proves that programmers are way too cute by far, and have too much time on their hands.

Check out this ad I got on another site:

icebreaker_ad.jpg

Don't the top two pictures together make for one odd looking person?

That chick has hefty thighs and a big unit.

Just updated Firefox with the ad blocker plug-in and it works great.

John

Back