She could have been KILLED.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Honest to God,I am so beside meself. Today Im driving me college work van up Tuck Drive. College owned road,but still a real road with TRAFFIC!!! A couple years back they ran new underground steam mains along the side of this road .When they were done,they put in a BRAND NEW SIDEWALK!!!!!!
So,back to me rant.....this student was on the right side walking towards me IN THE ROAD ....TEXTING!!!!!!
To me utter shock,write before me eyes,she starts to wonder towards the middle of the road. Well I then started to lean towards the left side and then lean some more and then some more till I had to lay on the HORN as this student was now on the left side of the road and would have WALKED RITE INTO THE FRONT OF THE VAN!!!!!!!!! NO SH!T. I could not believe me eyes.
After I blew the horn,she looks up from texting and I now can see the SHOCK on her face when she realized what she had just done..I looked at her and jusr said "WOW and did a major :facepalm:

You drive around Dartmouth College and all the kids are walking texting ,ipod,phoneZOMBIES!!!
It really is sad..this kids have no clue that there is birds and bees and flowers and dog poop and all kinds of REAL things out there.All they have to do is LOOK UP!!!!!!

Honest to God,I am so beside meself. Today Im driving me college work van up Tuck Drive. College owned road,but still a real road with TRAFFIC!!! A couple years back they ran new underground steam mains along the side of this road .When they were done,they put in a BRAND NEW SIDEWALK!!!!!!
So,back to me rant.....this student was on the right side walking towards me IN THE ROAD ....TEXTING!!!!!!
To me utter shock,write before me eyes,she starts to wonder towards the middle of the road. Well I then started to lean towards the left side and then lean some more and then some more till I had to lay on the HORN as this student was now on the left side of the road and would have WALKED RITE INTO THE FRONT OF THE VAN!!!!!!!!! NO SH!T. I could not believe me eyes.
After I blew the horn,she looks up from texting and I now can see the SHOCK on her face when she realized what she had just done..I looked at her and jusr said "WOW and did a major :facepalm:

You drive around Dartmouth College and all the kids are walking texting ,ipod,phoneZOMBIES!!!
It really is sad..this kids have no clue that there is birds and bees and flowers and dog poop and all kinds of REAL things out there.All they have to do is LOOK UP!!!!!!

Social Darwinism not functioning properly... Tsk Tsk.

Do they teach spelling and grammar at Dartmouth? :facepalm:

Funny thing about kids, they learn behaviors from the adults they see around them starting day one.

Glad to hear everybody's okay.

Funny thing about kids, they learn behaviors from the adults they see around them starting day one.

Todays Kids don't respect Adults enough to learn anything from them.

Im-not-saying-lets-go-kill-all-the-stupid-people.jpg

Even Edith Keeler walked out in front of a truck and she didn't even have a cell phone...

Nothing new under the sun...

Later! OL JR :)

PS... I DID have a good laugh last fall... I was in Indiana helping my BIL harvest his corn and soybeans... I was running the grain cart that day, while my nephew and his grandpa were driving the trucks... I had taken two loads off the combine and was brimming full, so I pulled down to the end of the field adjacent to the road and shut the tractor down, and was sitting there waiting for the trucks to get back from town ready for another load... I was just enjoying a cool, sunshiny day when I heard the characteristic clip-clop of an Amish buggy coming down the road...

As I listened, I heard "clip, clop, clip, clop, clip, SWISH, SWISH, SWISH" which I thought was funny so I looked over in that direction... I see the Amish buggy going off the road, the horse pulling it dutifully following the directions coming from the reins, leading it off the road into the ditch and tall grass on the side of the road... about this time I see the reins jerk and the horse makes a sharp change in direction back up on the road-- "swish, swish, clip, clop, clip, clop" and the horse never misses a beat as the cart lurches back up on the road...

As I'm staring in amazement, turns out the driver is a young Amish (Mennonite most likely) woman in her late teens or early 20's... and she's TEXTING on a d@mn cell phone...

You know it's bad when the horse has more sense than the wagon driver... LOL:)

I busted out laughing at that one... TOTALLY true story too... :)

I've seen them farting with a cell phone while riding a bicycle too...

Later! OL JR :)

I like that story! Way too funny, the Amish with a Cellphone!!!:clap::rofl:

I am sure the satanic sounds of the saxophone with that Jazz music on the radio, coupled with skimpy flapper dresses and ample supplies of bathtub gin and demon rum, will do in this generation!

I am sure the satanic sounds of the saxophone with that Jazz music on the radio, coupled with skimpy flapper dresses and ample supplies of bathtub gin and demon rum, will do in this generation!

That's way too classy for this Generation.
More like the lousy craptastic sounds of Miley Cyrus coupled with the musings of Kardashians and Honey PooPoos, and Scissors Drinks and Cough Syrup.

Yes, I agree kids do learn some behaviors from adults. Where texting is concerned, it's more likely the kids are TEACHING the adults.

My own 17 year old daughter can text like the wind. Sometimes I'm surprised her thumbs don't just fly right off her hands! I know she didn't learn this from my wife or I - we never text unless absolutely necessary.

Yes, I agree kids do learn some behaviors from adults. Where texting is concerned, it's more likely the kids are TEACHING the adults.

My own 17 year old daughter can text like the wind. Sometimes I'm surprised her thumbs don't just fly right off her hands! I know she didn't learn this from my wife or I - we never text unless absolutely necessary.
Yup. The phone I'm using now is not the first one my daughter has helped me learn to use.��

Ok, old history story. '70's I was an AF lieutenant at Hughes Aircraft. Hughes was showing a small unit messaging and locating system (era before GPS), and it had a small handheld control pad. A general was fiddling with the pad, holding it in one hand and awkwardly punching buttons with the other. After he set it down, I picked it up in both hands and started punching buttons with my thumbs, remarking something like, "Oh yeah, 'this' is how it works". (I don't recall that the general was overly impressed.) My kids and I had been playing the old Mattel hand-held football game, so it came naturally. 'Course now I can't text for the life of me.

https://atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2011/post-13896-0-19039500-1314050816.jpg

Do they teach spelling and grammar at Dartmouth? :facepalm:
Sory too tramaties yoo. Maebee thats wuy I dunt texxed.
Really,thats what you got out of my post...me spelling and grammar...some people just look for things. And there is one in ever crowd and YOU are that one here.Anywhoo,doesnt do a person much good to be able to win a spelling bee if they dont have the mind not to play in traffic and get hit buy a piece of metal that weighs in around 2 tons.

Last edited:

I agree,but not when it comes to this age of gizzmos. I would say most kids know more about them then most adults.
Now,their (todays kids) learn it from their folks. Most kids 4 yrs and up have their own phone/me-pod/gizzmo (I dont even know what the latest gaget is called) today. I didnt have them when me son was little. And me folks didnt have them. So, meself didnt learn it from me folks and neither did me son learn it from me.

Yeah. I still do not have a phone or a facebook. My mom won't let me get one. However, I do have my own version of facebook... It is called rocketryforum.com... :rofl:

I was sitting in a church where we take some classes, and i saw a little boy's music teacher walk up to him.

Teacher: Time for your lesson to start!
Boy: (face in iPod, playing some game)
Teacher: Uhh, time for your lesson!
Boy: (ignores teacher)
Teacher: _____, it is time for your lesson now!!
Boy: (ignoring teacher)

The mom now FINALLY reaches over and takes the boys iPod... If it were me, I would have kept it from him for a month... But as soon as the kid got out of his lesson... Whaddaya know... Immediately gets his iPod back and keeps playing a game...

I wanted to yell at the mother... But I restrained myself... :cry:

Sory too tramaties yoo. Maebee thats wuy I dunt texxed.
Anywhoo,really,thats what you got out of my post...me spelling and grammer...some people just look for things. And there is one in ever crowd and YOU are that one here.

BTW, it is grammar, not grammer... :rofl:

I don't have a Cellphone or use Facebook either. I'm better than that, and proud of it. My self worth is not determined by what others know about me or what I'm doing.
It's really sad when you see some folks that would have some kind of Nervous Breakdown if you took their Cellphone or Social Media away from them.

I don't have a Cellphone or use Facebook either. I'm better than that, and proud of it. My self worth is not determined by what others know about me or what I'm doing.
It's really sad when you see some folks that would have some kind of Nervous Breakdown if you took their Cellphone or Social Media away from them.

You do realize TRF is social media, right? And you likely have the highest "posts per day" count of ever...

Last edited:
TRF, Facebook, eBay, email get me through work. Makes my RSD / OCD / ADHD worse. Makes the rest of the insanities better.

Back