• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Launch pads - FTB old stock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSS

Reaction score
I secured some items from my former shop and have some old stock FTB Launch pads available. These are unpainted, but complete and ready to go.

I have 1 Mini Concept, two Standard Concept and 1 X-Treme HD.

Here are details:

Mini Concept pad $119
4 foot diameter footprint on 3 legs
Accepts rods up to 1/4" diameter.
Good for rockets up to 3.3 pounds and G impulse.

Standard Concept pad $225
6 foot diameter footprint on 3 legs
Accepts rods up to 1/2" diameter or 1010 rail up to 6 feet long.
Good for rockets up to 15 pounds.

X-Treme HD $325
Same as X-Treme but has 1-1/2" square heavy duty legs
8 foot diameter footprint on 3 legs
Accepts rods up to 3/4" diameter or 1010/1515 rail up to 8 feet long.
Good for rockets up to 35 pounds.

All pads are plus shipping.

If interested, contact [email protected] for payment and shipping details. Please include your location so I can calculate shipping.

Thanks!

UPDATE: X-Treme HD, one Standard and Mini have been sold. One standard pad still available.

Last edited:
Got my X-treme pad in last week. Robust design, but I had to take my dremel to the blast shield. Round hole, square peg deal, the 1010 rail wouldn't fit through the round hole. I'm using it this weekend, then it's off to get powder coated.

Got my X-treme pad in last week. Robust design, but I had to take my dremel to the blast shield. Round hole, square peg deal, the 1010 rail wouldn't fit through the round hole. I'm using it this weekend, then it's off to get powder coated.

Hi, glad you like the pad, my apologies for the misunderstanding on the blast shield. The pads are designed to be used with a round post attached to the rail that fits into the receiver, which I can supply. I guess I didn't realize you needed one. I hope it didn't take too much time to adapt the parts.

Happy flying!

Fred

Hi, glad you like the pad, my apologies for the misunderstanding on the blast shield. The pads are designed to be used with a round post attached to the rail that fits into the receiver, which I can supply. I guess I didn't realize you needed one. I hope it didn't take too much time to adapt the parts.

Happy flying!

Fred

Fairly easy mod., just squared out the round hole with my dremel tool, maybe 10 min. of work.
I have never seen any FTB launch pads, and finding pictures of them is fairly hard, so I didn't know how they go together. It might help with sales if you had a webpage with detailed pic's, but I know that can be expensive.
Now that you describe how it's supposed to be put together, I have a 1" solid rod that will mount to a 1010 rail, I might go that route. The rail now slides right into the square tubing making it a very solid setup. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to assemble, about 5 min. of work and you're ready to load a rocket. Very strong and stable, even without staking the legs down. Surprisingly light too, I can pick it up and move it around with little effort. Great design Fred, I hope you can get back in production on a regular basis soon.

I do have web space but due to my current situation I'm unable to advertise or manufacture pads. I am working with Scott Miller of MillerMotorworks.com to transfer manufacture and sales until such time as I am able to get my business back.

Fred

I will post a pic of our club pad.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I hate all these ads.

Back