Jeremy the Cat.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nute

Reaction score
My first pet, Jeremy, a cat, died today. He was urinating blood last night, and we took him to the Vet. this morning. He Had Diabetes, but the doctor says it's almost certainly not related. He went into seizures and cardiac arrest. When we got to the hospital, he was gone. They performed CPR, restarted his heart twice, sent bloodwork, and did a whole host of tests. They say it's probably a stroke or a tumor of some type.
He was a wonderful cat. he took it hard when we got a dog, and that was when he developed diabetes. He always loved the sun, and walked so slowly down the stairs at times that our other cat would jump over him to get in front.

This was such a shock- he was kinda sad and slow, but he went from status quo to gone in just a few hours- we never saw it coming.

Nate

Sorry for your loss. Pets are family, and it hurts to lose one.

Oh my Nate..........
I am truly so sorry.........
Nate,,,
Sandy and I and both of our family's have a history with Toy Yorkie's........
We have been through a lot other then this,
but, when we lost our last Yorkie "Fluffy" it affected us in such a way,,,
that we both said "never again".
We just can not do this again.
A few years later we did a lot of homework and research....
And now we have a bird named Kiwi........
Our reasoning for this is quite selfish..........
Kiwi's life expectancy is about 60 years.........
So you see Nate,
I truly understand..........
I am so sorry Nate........

Teddy

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I know the feeling all too well. About a year and a half ago, Buddy, one of my cats died at the age of 14 and just last Friday, Sissy, my other cat and Buddy's biological sister died at the age of 16.

Needless to say, it's been rather difficult, I really miss them both.:(

100_0138.jpg

Nate you have our sympathy, its always hard to lose a pet.

Man that's rough. Nothing is tougher in my opinion than the Loss of a Pet.:(

When things go awry with a pet, it's usually hard and fast.
Last year we lost our dog (miniature schnauzer) to a uterine infection. Took two days from acting a little odd, then not eating, then going totally septic. When the vet called me at work, she was at the 50/50 chances of recovery. When I arrived at the vet 30 minutes later, she was down to 10% chance of recovery. I had to have her euthanized. There was nothing left to fix.

Very sorry about Jeremy.

But, pets can be very resilient. Our current dog (Minature Dachshound) lost her left front leg due to a dumpster diving accident. She would jump from the concrete steps right on top of a garbage can, her momentum knocked it over, and she would jump off right at the right time. I had to borrow my kid's DVR camera for a day to see how she did it.

Well, one time she landed wrong and tore all the ligaments in her left wrist (paw). For 8 weeks she wore a cast, and 3 days before the cast was due to come off, she developed a infection which was the the canine equivalent to the flesh eating disease. For another week we cleaned it, flushed it out with warm water, put on gobs of antiseptic creams, and the infection spread halfway up her leg. We had it amputated.

That was almost 3 years ago, and now the little brown sausage missile is still running around. She still looks at garbage cans. LOL

Last edited:
You have my most sincere sympathies. Pets are part of the family, and I know there is great pain with their loss.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. We buried him today in our yard.

GDJ, That sounds very similar to what happened with Jeremy. One day my dad said he saw him acting a little funny, a day later it was too late.
Donald, I'm really sorry to hear about Sissy and Buddy. My condolences
Teddy, give Kiwi my best:)

Nate

You give him you best Nate,,,,
You'll meet him one of these days......

Teddy

Sorry for your loss Nate. I know how you feel. Back in 2008, we lost our beloved cat Hobbes to diabetes. He had started to become sick 2 years before. In the end we had to put him down for he was just in too much misery. Looking back now I regret that we waited so long to to do so.

You can at least take comfort in knowing that your cats passing was relatively quick. With diabetes it can be much worse.

Sebastian

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

I'm sorry to hear that Jeremy died. We lost Isis, one of our cats, a few months ago.

Sorry to hear of your loss. In a few months, see if you feel like honor the memory by adopting a shelter cat. Its a wonderful way to honor Jeremy's memory.

Thanks for all the nice words, guys.
When we heard Jeremy's condition was worsening on Saturday, we all immediately thought it was his diabetes, but the doctor said his blood sugar level was completely normal. He was from a shelter, with his biological sister, and my mom did quasi-jokingly mention getting, or at least fostering, a kitten... we'll see where that goes. It would certainly be a wonderful way to remember him.

Nate

Do you have any funny stories or pictures of Jeremy? We would love to see them.

Sorry to hear of your loss. In a few months, see if you feel like honor the memory by adopting a shelter cat. Its a wonderful way to honor Jeremy's memory.

I have to admit, it might have been a bit early after losing Sissy, I decided to adopt a shelter cat. I feel it is the best thing I could have done. Also, it was just too empty without a cat around.

His name is Mark. He is a 2 year old Maine Coon mix. Just a wonderful cat, he has now been with us a week and he's already made himself at home.

I have to admit, it might have been a bit early after losing Sissy, I decided to adopt a shelter cat. I feel it is the best thing I could have done. Also, it was just too empty without a cat around.

His name is Mark. He is a 2 year old Maine Coon mix. Just a wonderful cat, he has now been with us a week and he's already made himself at home.

Such BEAUTIFUL cats. They do require some brushing, and no outfit is complete without cat hair, but they are wonderful felines.

Thanks again guys, this is really a great place with so many great people.

As far as funny stories go, there was one time he was riding in the car with our other cat in a carrier, and after about 4hrs, they managed to get on each others nerves. So, mo moy decided it was best to let one out to meander about the car. Out walks Jeremy, quickly followed by Jasmine (who is much, much slimmer than her diabetic brother) Jasmine jumps onto the floor, and Jeremy stays on the seat and hisses at my sister who was a bit nervous, as she had recently been scratched by my aunts not-so-friendly cat. she moves away, and Jeremy keeps getting closer and closer to her until she is almost literally crawling up the wall, and Jeremy is harmlessly under her:rolleyes: He gets comfy and refuses to move, while she's holding onto the handle by the window. This went on for about 20 minutes, until he finally rode out the duration of the trip on the back shelf staring out the window (where there is cat hair to this day) Kinda funny in our family:blush: He also managed to get stuck behind a couch once we got where we were going. Maybe we should have known better, last time we were there, they both crawled behind the dryer and refused to budge:rolleyes:. We also have a dog, so we keep the basement door open just enough gor the cat to get down. Well, he was very slow, and would walk through this place so slowly (about a foot of slightly confined space) that his sister would usually jump right over him to get down first, sometimes bonking him on the head as she went!IMG_0048[1].jpg

Here he is in all his car-riding glory. (please excuse the rotation0 I'm still figuring that part of this thing out:blush:)

IMG_0206[1].JPG

Here he is with his sister: (he's on the left)

Nate

Attachments

• IMG_0048[1].JPG
    IMG_0048[1].JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0048[1].jpg
    IMG_0048[1].jpg
    193 KB · Views: 40
Thanks again guys, this is really a great place with so many great people.

As far as funny stories go, there was one time he was riding in the car with our other cat in a carrier, and after about
Here he is in all his car-riding glory. (please excuse the rotation0 I'm still figuring that part of this thing out:blush:)

View attachment 168564

Here he is with his sister: (he's on the left)

Nate

Great story! They all leave lasting memories. - Jeff

Back