Micropeak approved fo rNAR?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kencraw

Reaction score
I saw in various places that the Micropeak altimeter is approved for use in NAR events. (one link: https://altusmetrum.org/News.html)

Yet when I go to the Pink Book, it's not yet there: https://www.nar.org/pinkbook/G_altimeters.html

I know this is the sort of thing that sometimes takes a while to be updated, but I'm curious because I want to make sure it's approved not only for contest use but also for record use. Anyone know when the Pink Book will be updated or can point me to a place that indicates with confidence whether it will be approved for records?

I don't know the answer, but I forwarded your inquiry to someone who will either A) know the answer, or B) know who does.

-Kevin

The MicroPeak is indeed approved, effective 5 days ago (April 1). Note that altimeter-based record attempts have special provisions for data reporting outlined in 14.10.3, to ensure the altitude reported is not due to ejection charge transients or a thermal.

I anticipate that the pink book altimeter list will be updated shortly.

--tc

How often does the online version of the pink book get updated? The approved altimeter list is still from 2012.

How often does the online version of the pink book get updated? The approved altimeter list is still from 2012.
I assume the lack of updates is an issue with administrative access to the update their NAR webpages. This has been a perpetual problem for S&T. We maintain and update the several thousand NAR S&T webpages several times a month but almost every quarter someone will change something somewhere else on the NAR website and we loose administrative access to the S&T webpages and have to hound the NAR web folks to get it back.

Bob

Would it be possible then to set up a separate S&T site, and leave a permanent link in the NAR website?

Gerald

Would it be possible then to set up a separate S&T site, and leave a permanent link in the NAR website?

Gerald

It would be possible and desirable. Getting the NAR Board to approve it would be a challenge.

Back