E-Bay eletronics orientation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killachrome

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first E-bay and I'm trying to figure out the orientation of putting the sled in. I got one of those new 3D printed sled and battery holder by Missile Works. My only problem is that I won't be able to turn the switch unless i have the sled facing aft. Any help would be great!

IMG_20140403_134935701_HDR.jpg

Hi,

This is my first E-bay and I'm trying to figure out the orientation of putting the sled in. I got one of those new 3D printed sled and battery holder by Missile Works. My only problem is that I won't be able to turn the switch unless i have the sled facing aft. Any help would be great!

View attachment 167904

I don't think it matter which way it faces. Some do, but I think this one just uses pressure to determine alt.

As long as you wire you charges the right way for drogue and apogee, you should be good. If you don't, you just get a main at the top and a long walk.

If the altimeter has an accelerometer there is a definite fore and aft. It will be marked. Otherwise, whatever fits.

The RRC3 doesn't care which way is up. As has already been stated other altimeters may. Read instructions thoroughly for your particular equipment.

From page 4 of the instruction manual.

"The RRC3 does not have an “up” orientation, and can be mounted in any convenient orientation. It is important to mount the altimeter securely, preventing it from suffering damage during flight."

Last edited:
Back