HAs anyone ever done a V-1?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomrcast

Reaction score
Complicated build for sure and I'm not even sure it would work. Would the motor be in the fuselage or actually where the motor was on top?

Yep- poorly done about 30 years ago. Motor was in fuse offset towards the hollow blow pipe. Fins/wings were balsa. Worst part was mounting the top engine mockup. IIRC it was a 1/4" balsa and I slit the top tube so it could be glued to the motor tube. Kinda thru the wall, but it was delicate. survived the first fight without enuff nose weight and ground looped to it's death the second try. I screwed up and foiled the wings-kiss of death.

Noris Raketen used to make a kit. I don't know if it is still in production.

I've heard that its hard for customers in the US to deal with them directly. Their quality is not what most Americans expect but they do have some things available nowhere else. If you are interested, you might try Tim at Apogee. His company handles their line and he might be able to get it for you even if it is not one of his regular items.

The V1 was not a rocket, will be very challenging to make one work as a rocket.

Good point Gerard. And nearly horizontal launches are greatly frowned upon....

Back