What Files To Back-Up To Restore RS9 On Another PC?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Evil

Reaction score
Title says it all. Obviously the Design Folder is critical, but I'm guessing I'll have some issues with a lot of custom parts I made if I don't keep those too. Are ALL my custom nosecones, fins and whatever in the Data folder?

My motor files ended up redundant and cluttered so I don't mind starting fresh on that end.

Thanx in advance for any advice.;)

The files I routinely back up are located in the Data path directory listed in Help -> About:

Installation information
Install path: C:/Program Files (x86)/RockSim 9/
Data path: C:\Users\Windows_Login_Name\AppData\Local\ApogeeComponents\Rocksim_9/

If you saved your custom parts etc to the RS data bases just copy the data bases to a flash drive and move them to the other computer along with design and engine files. Actually backing up those files to a flash drive along with your license file makes a lot of sense. I know I have the scars to prove it.:facepalm:

Your license file. (You did save it, right?)
kj

You Bettcha kj!

Data path: C:\Users\Windows_Login_Name\AppData\Local\ApogeeComponents\Rocksim_9/

AppData? Sounds Win 8-ish (which might be where all these files end up)

What operating system are you migrating from? Location changes depending on that.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back