Red Arrow Hobbies

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard rumbelings he might have sold SHR. Personally I wouln't touch it with the baggage both owners ended with.

I heard rumbelings he might have sold SHR. Personally I wouln't touch it with the baggage both owners ended with.

If, indeed, he did sell SHR, and it was to a reputable dealer that will not ship with missing or damaged parts, I would have no problem buying one. Past issues with the brand should not turn you away, if the future is with someone who wants to get the brand back on its feet, but that's just my opinion.

Steve

If, indeed, he did sell SHR, and it was to a reputable dealer that will not ship with missing or damaged parts, I would have no problem buying one. Past issues with the brand should not turn you away, if the future is with someone who wants to get the brand back on its feet, but that's just my opinion.

Steve

Sorry to hear they closed and people got ripped off.
Hopefully the Sheri kit line could be picked up, but I'd be suspect of any Sheri Hot Rocket inventory or kits out there unless you can see them close up, and verify the condition.
I'm not sure to what extent RAH reworked the kits, and they really needed it.

I bought an unbuilt Sheri Titan Gemini kit second hand on Ebay - prior to Red Arrow acquiring the SHR business.
It had really nice twin aluminum titan nozzles, but the body tube was very rough and extremely heavy.

I had to take the nozzles to a machine shop and bore them out a bit to accept standard 29mm Aerotech reusable motor cases - as I had heard it would prang if you used the recommended SU - G-80's
The resin Gemini capsule had come off a mold that had seen better days - it had rendered a pretty worthless looking resin capsule which I had to rework.
Instructions and decals were pretty good.

I met the Red Arrow guys at an MDRA event and they looked over the Titan nozzles and were going to turn out a better set to accept standard RMS.
At same event I bought their huge resin Mercury capsule.
It was a work of art.

They had a potential to turn out some really great stuff.
Very unfortunate to see it end this way.

Gemin%20Titan.jpg Gemini%20Engine%202.jpg

Last edited:
Dave does post on FB unless your a friend but not on the Red Arrow facebook page. Too bad they are out of business. I guess the legal issues basically wiped them out. I never did have major issues with them and always like to shop with them. I even visited their shop at least six times before the moved. Too bad the shop could not be saved and turned around.

Back