• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

29mm Centering Rings for Estes Pro Series II tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to the super sales that Estes put out over last couple of months, the warranty replacements for damaged shipments, and a gift, I'm not facing a glut of unfinished Pro Series II type builds. I've got a my rebooted Estes Pro Series Jayhawk, a 2" Yellowjacket upscale, and a 2.5" Cherokee D upscale in the works, however I lack centering rings for them.

Estes, Apogee, and Sunward don't seem to have them (yet). Anybody got a line on some?

Thanks
Jim

Do you know what the dimensions are required to be (probably, from rocksim or OR databases) ? I could do whatever you need from 1/8 3 ply, or even 1/4" 5 ply if you're feeling adventurous.... PM me here on the forum, I'll respond promptly.

Nat Kinsey
UpscaleCNC

Thanks to the super sales that Estes put out over last couple of months, the warranty replacements for damaged shipments, and a gift, I'm not facing a glut of unfinished Pro Series II type builds. I've got a my rebooted Estes Pro Series Jayhawk, a 2" Yellowjacket upscale, and a 2.5" Cherokee D upscale in the works, however I lack centering rings for them.

Estes, Apogee, and Sunward don't seem to have them (yet). Anybody got a line on some?

Thanks
Jim

Jim,
I'm somewhat surprised that no company out there has ready to order plywood centering rings for the Estes Pro Series II kits.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Estes uses laser cut 1/8" 3Ply Lite Ply Plywood centering rings and fins for their PS II kits.
I don't see a problem in using the 1/8" 3Ply Lite Ply for these PS II kits based on Estes recommended motors.
However for those wanting to push it with their PS II kit builds, then I'd recommend 1/8" 5Ply Baltic Birch Plywood parts with LOC 24mm, 29mm, or 38mm Motor Mount Tubes.

Larry B

Jim,
I'm somewhat surprised that no company out there has ready to order plywood centering rings for the Estes Pro Series II kits.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Estes uses laser cut 1/8" 3Ply Lite Ply Plywood centering rings and fins for their PS II kits.
I don't see a problem in using the 1/8" 3Ply Lite Ply for these PS II kits based on Estes recommended motors.
However for those wanting to push it with their PS II kit builds, then I'd recommend 1/8" 5Ply Baltic Birch Plywood parts with LOC 24mm, 29mm, or 38mm Motor Mount Tubes.

Larry B

Hi Larry,

So far as I've been able to see, nobody... Not even Estes, sells CR's for the PSII 2", 2.5", or 4" tubes (I believe that Sunward has a 3" set (sold w/motor tube) that may be compatible). However, Estes does sell motor tubes (29mm only), and their motor retainers separately.

Estes' kit CR's are laser cut, 1/8", Aircraft grade, 3 ply as far as I can tell.

All The Best!
Jim

Last edited:
Hi Larry,

So far as I've been able to see, nobody... Not even Estes, sells CR's for the PSII 2", 2.5", or 4" tubes (I believe that Sunward has a 3" set (sold w/motor tube) that may be compatible). However, Estes does sell motor tubes (29mm only), and their motor retainers separately.

Estes' kit CR's are laser cut, 1/8", Aircraft grade, 3 ply as far as I can tell.

All The Best!
Jim

I may have some I will have to check.

Hi Larry,

All The Best!
Jim

Jim,
Correct, Sunward has Centering Rings with Motor Tube sets for 3.00"ID Tubes.
LOC and Madcow have 3.00"ID x 3.100"OD tubes.
But Estes Big Daddy and the Pro Series Leviathan kits are not 3.00"ID.
So, if I'm correct on this, Sunward's motor mount kits for 3.00"ID tubes https://www.sunward1.com/30-tubing-mounting-kits will not fit the less than 3"ID Estes PS II Body Tubes.

Larry B

I have one estes 2.5" ring and another 3" ring. Pm me if you would like them. I don't need them.

Do you know what the dimensions are required to be (probably, from rocksim or OR databases) ? I could do whatever you need from 1/8 3 ply, or even 1/4" 5 ply if you're feeling adventurous.... PM me here on the forum, I'll respond promptly.

Nat Kinsey
UpscaleCNC

Jim...

Nat makes some great stuff.. Try him you won't be dis-appointed.

Ed

Back