L2 Build Thread: Basic Blues 4 inch kit from ARR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSamurai

Reaction score
So I have never done a build thread before but I figured I would do one for my L2 project. I got the Basic Blues kit from ARR. I am going with the 4 inch air frame and I am going to DD. Why not. : ) Still waiting on a bunch of other parts for it but I have the kit in hand already. I'll get pictures up when I can. This may be the worst build thread ever but that's alright.

Can you post a pic of the ARR kit boxed and unboxed..have not seen how they are shipped and what is includded - only the one pic on the website.

Kenny

Can you post a pic of the ARR kit boxed and unboxed..have not seen how they are shipped and what is includded - only the one pic on the website.

Kenny

I can. I still have it in the original box. It won't be until later tonight probably though. Got our monthly rocket meeting tonight.

Received my nomex blanket and motor retainer (Aero Pak) yesterday! Sadly they forgot to put the rail buttons I ordered into the box. More waiting. Still waiting on my chute from Rocketman and my sled and altimeter from Missile Works. I got the RRC3 Sport Altimeter and the 75mm sled.

Subscribed, have been interested about these kits for a while.

:pop:
I'll be ordering the Predator JR kit, always wanted a ARR kit, post pics when you can. Looking forward to the build thread. Any ideas on a theme?

The blue tube is a wonderful material. No fiber glassing! I may reinforce near the back end but that's it.

Sorry on the pics. I have been playing army all weekend and haven't had much free time. And I am still waiting on a couple parts to come in before I really get started. I've very excited about the build. Should be a lot of fun.

That looks like a great L2 rocket. I like the fact you're going with DD on it too. I just flew my 4" rocket on a K550W and it hit 6402 ft. I'm sure it's much heavier then yours. DD is definitely the way to go!

BTW, the AT K550W would make a great cert motor!

Back