HP 1/32 scale Saturn 1B kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I've seen threads on this before. I would do some fishing.

Don't touch it. This guy has used about a half dozen different ebay user names the last couple months, and has joined and spewed a bunch of BS here lately. I'm surprised these "reservation" auctions are still up - it's against ebay policy to sell things you don't actually posess. His last attempt at this was removed by ebay pretty quickly. See this thread for other details.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?61803-8-quot-diamiter-rocket-on-4-24mm-or-29mm

Unfortunately, I also had ebay deals gone wrong with this guy. I did report it to ebay, but they did nothing - obviously - that's why he's still on there changing his ebay name all the time. Perhaps if several people reported him it would make a difference, but I don't know. It all goes back to that old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Most definitely with this guy!! Stay away!!!

This guy is a hell of a photographer, though... the angle shot with the fence in the background makes it look like it's just about 7' tall.

I'm glad I found this thread.

I searched Apogee's website for news ... any news ... both new and old. Nothing showed up regarding any new 1/32 scale rocket kit to be designed and available anytime soon or at all.

Has anyone sent a question to the seller?

:cool2:.

Last edited:
I'm glad I found this thread.

I searched Apogee's website for news ... any news ... both new and old. Nothing showed up regarding any new 1/32 scale rocket kit to be designed and available anytime soon or at all.

Has anyone sent a question to the seller?

:cool2:.
The guys over at YORF have been grilling him pretty hard, look for a thread titled "Stolen intellectual property". He's rather defensive, with no real answers.

The guys over at YORF have been grilling him pretty hard, look for a thread titled "Stolen intellectual property". He's rather defensive, with no real answers.

Thanks.

I did find the thread here where he told the ATC story.

:cool:

I am the guy who is producing the 1/32 scale Saturn 1B. It is not an Apogee product, it is a Scale Aerospace product. The reason that I have done different Ebay accounts is that Ebay limits me to $1,000 per month in sales, kinda hard to start a business when you are limited like that. The $25 is to secure the production reservation, and then a 50% deposit deposited into the Paypal account of [email protected] The deposit is refundable if you change your mind and don't want the kit. I only need three people to make deposits to finish production of nine kits, to pay the laser cutter and to pay the ceramic company to fire the LES exhaust diverter units in the kiln, etc. I have 75% of the materials to finish the kits. Contrary to popular belief, Ebay DOES have a presale policy, it is hardly ever used, and the only stipulation is that the product has to be shipped within 30 days of payment. So, this is not a "scam", it is just a new company starting up, and I need a little help to get it going, which is why the price is so low, when kits are ready to ship all new customers will have to pay around $475. I will also give any buyers within the next two weeks all future Scale Aerospace products for 15% over cost, for one year. Hey Rocket-top, please tell me what you are talking about when you said you had a bad deal with me.

I am the guy who is producing the 1/32 scale Saturn 1B. It is not an Apogee product, it is a Scale Aerospace product. The reason that I have done different Ebay accounts is that Ebay limits me to $1,000 per month in sales, kinda hard to start a business when you are limited like that. The $25 is to secure the production reservation, and then a 50% deposit deposited into the Paypal account of [email protected] The deposit is refundable if you change your mind and don't want the kit. I only need three people to make deposits to finish production of nine kits, to pay the laser cutter and to pay the ceramic company to fire the LES exhaust diverter units in the kiln, etc. I have 75% of the materials to finish the kits. Contrary to popular belief, Ebay DOES have a presale policy, it is hardly ever used, and the only stipulation is that the product has to be shipped within 30 days of payment. So, this is not a "scam", it is just a new company starting up, and I need a little help to get it going, which is why the price is so low, when kits are ready to ship all new customers will have to pay around $475. I will also give any buyers within the next two weeks all future Scale Aerospace products for 15% over cost, for one year. Hey Rocket-top, please tell me what you are talking about when you said you had a bad deal with me.

You are breaking all sorts of rules with eBay/PayPal. If you want people to believe you run a legitimate business then you better sort those issues out.

Contact PayPal Business Support at 866-972-9725 and ask about a merchant account.

So exactly how are you going to establish a "business" on Ebay when you keep changing Identity? If you are counting on people to pay up front to finance your startup business you didn't have enough capital up front to even start one.

Last edited:

Have you tried the project through kickstarter yet ?

Could you explain the recent negative feedback you received? The feedback stating the NCR kit you recently sold that is not an original NCR kit? With all of your other ripoff sale ads for upscales, I'd be inclined to believe you're passing off boxes of parts as original kits - confirm or deny? Every single thing I've seen from you (rocketry related) on ebay seems a scam.

You are breaking all sorts of rules with eBay/PayPal. ...

listing practices - avoiding ebay fees - offering or requiring additional purchases
"The listing offers or requires buyers to make an additional purchase, pay an amount more than the final price and reasonable shipping fees, sign up for a service, or take any unrelated action as a condition for receiving the item."

One can't sell a production reservation. You need list the full purchase price.

Interesting thread.

.. and apparently selling them, before they are in production. If someone falls for that and pays him, when the payment is ultimately disputed for lack of delivery of merchandise, hopefully that will result in the appropriate legal remedies being applied to that individual..
I don't know if PayPal is limited to a 30 day dispute period like Ebay is, is it?
I do know however that the AG's office can get involved on fraud involving interstate purchases/shipping.
It will be interesting to see what he posts in this thread, since we know he has been following it.

This is your man:

Allen Jensen
PO Box 1232
Spirit Lake ID 83869
[email protected]

AKA on eBay: 2014ussnark, 2014_snark, billy.thatc, and most recently, fors-s2

Do not be fooled. The kits he is selling DO NOT EXIST. He takes the money from the eBay buyer and uses it to order parts to create the kit. Evidently, he has gotten some people to put up with this practice. But know that it will take 6 to 8 weeks for him to gather all the supplies, and you may or may not get all that you paid for. After approximately 8 weeks, he closes the current eBay account and opens a new one. That prevents anybody who is unhappy with the transaction to do any more follow up, since the item number for the transaction disappears along with the old eBayID

Thanks for the information!
Hopefully folks won't be duped, but it looks like he has one happy preordered client for the Redstone and one for the Saturn 1B. They are waiting for what sounds like something that may not wind up being delivered..

Thanks for the information!
Hopefully folks won't be duped, but it looks like he has one happy preordered client for the Redstone and one for the Saturn 1B. They are waiting for what sounds like something that may not wind up being delivered..
I'd bet those were shill buys.

Back