The SKONK WOLF by Shrox ...plans build...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Morgan

Reaction score
skonkwolfplans.jpg
This will be my first Plans built rocket, the Skonk Wolf by Shrox.
Go to this web link below for all the information and parts that are needed. Shipping was fast!
https://www.shrockets.com/skonkwulfplans.html

I'm bashing up a TLP kit for this rocket. The nose cone has already been built up with the paper "hat" on top and primed.

The body tube is slightly longer than called for, not by much, even though I've thought about stretching it a little anyways.

The plans are nice and the decals look good too. A clear coat will insure everything stays in place.

Motor mount built and I've started cutting out the patterns for the fins and wings. I'll use Bass Wood
for those parts. I'm using a LOC 24mm motor tube, it's heavier than TLP tubes.
Skonk Wolf Plans.jpgMotor mount Skonk Wolf.jpgSkonk Wolf body tube.jpg

JP

Last edited:
Really like the design of this kit,wish I had the funds to get the plans.Would make a great upscale for 3 inch body tube.

Wulf baffle and chute shelf rail button block.jpgProgress made, pictures on the way! Sure would be nice if someone could
offer laser cut fins at a good price for this rocket.
I don't mind the work of cutting fins it's just so many cuts I get bored, walk away and have to come back to it later.
Just me...
Wulf shock cord.jpgWulf tape.jpgWulf baffle material.jpg
Wulf motor tube.jpgWulf epoxy motor tube fixture flush with end.jpgWulf main fin pieces glued.jpg
Wulf first fin glued.jpgWulf second fin glues.jpgWulf top fin glued.jpg

Feel free to ask questions.
Thanks for checking out the build!

JP

Really like the design of this kit,wish I had the funds to get the plans.Would make a great upscale for 3 inch body tube.
An Upscale would be awesome.
The plans are only $15.00!
Wulf top fin glued (2).jpg

JP

Last edited:
Shrox, plan number 14 reads the same as 13, both say "Underfin". Number 14 should read "Top Fin".

I made a jig for the main wing tip pieces that fasten at 30 degrees and pinned it in place.
Wulf jig.jpgWulf fin tip jig.jpgWulf fin tips.jpg

I've also discovered that I glued the under fin on backwards! Oh well, it looks OK that way.

JP

I was messing around with Contrast and Gamma.

Yeah, retirement has it's Perks!

After Crappie Season I'll get out and fire off a few. Been catching 15" Crappie! Now that's fun on a jig pole!

JP

View attachment 167874Progress made, pictures on the way! Sure would be nice if someone could
offer laser cut fins at a good price for this rocket.
I don't mind the work of cutting fins it's just so many cuts I get bored, walk away and have to come back to it later.
Just me...
View attachment 167870View attachment 167871View attachment 167872
View attachment 167873View attachment 167875View attachment 167876
View attachment 167877View attachment 167878View attachment 167879

Feel free to ask questions.
Thanks for checking out the build!

JP
Very nice work! I am just finishing this kit and I didn't put a baffle in it. The wood standoffs on the forward MM centering ring and the stand off on the top of the baffle, do those just add strength to the entire baffle?

Back