Finished my 5.5 Madcow Pike

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertv2

Reaction score
I decided to build something on the heavier end of L2 before beginning a level 3 project, this is what my nephew William and I came up with. If you are a DARS member you probably saw a mini build thread for the aft-end in the last newsletter and the second half will be in the next issue. We are calling the color " Texas Red Dirt Camo " Of coarse the vinyl is from stickershock23.

pike001.jpgpike003.jpgpike007.jpgpike011.jpgpike012.jpgpike006.jpgpike005.jpgpike004.jpg

Last edited:
Robert
You did a very nice job on the build. I have a Performance Rocketry Mad Dog painted that color. The Av-bay looks to be great work also. What is the motor that nice looking young man is holding? Make sure you take him along to the launch to help you out. He will remember it forever.

That is my nephew William that has worked on this with me on this since Dec. I took it to a launch on Saturday but could not fly it because William had to stay home. The motor is a 54mm/2560, we are using a K1275R for a first flight.

thanks, Robert

Yours looks great! I have one that had it's first flight on a CTI L3200. Hoping to fly it on an M sometime next month.
Sorry, the pic is a bit blurry!

Light Storm L3200 (1).jpg

... What is the motor that nice looking young man is holding? Make sure you take him along to the launch to help you out. He will remember it forever.

William is quite an accomplished rocketeer in his own right and has a pretty good mentor/uncle. An indispensable member of the launch crue. :)

Beautiful rocket, Robert.

Last edited:
You are a very cool Uncle that you did not launch it without your nephew there.

Thanks Sam, did you see the article?

William is quite an accomplished rocketeer in his own right and has a pretty good mentor/uncle. An indispensable member of the launch crue. :)

Beautiful rocket, Robert.

I got to see this beasty in person on Saturday, and it is indeed sweet. The electronics sled is cleaner and better built than my rockets, and no one can see it on the pad. Robert is definately a good uncle and respectful of his helper, as it was a beautiful day to launch and a perfect field on which to do it.

Latest posts

Back