BaddAzz Mini Missile Line

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric1

BaddAzz Rocketry
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was kinda Manic this week and got on a project I've been wanting to do. These are all Scale and Near scale 24mm Rockets!
I have quite a few more pictures on facebook, BaddAzzRocketry.
All of the line has to be test flown before I kit them.

Here are the Photos:

100_2633.jpg

100_2606.JPG

100_2594.JPG

100_2593.jpg

Finally a TALOS!!! I'll be looking forward to you selling them!!!

ETA: If I get one I'll have to Kitbash it to include the Transition Section like the real TALOS. Guess I'll have to buy two.

Last edited:
I agree. That is a unique design. Very historic navy SA missile

Is that an AS9100 sign hanging? Heck I'm just trying to check out the shop Eric....

Cool! A few questions:

Are you turning the cones yourself?
Are the nose cones balsa, or something harder?
The fins look fiberglass, are they?
Is the airframe that thin PVC like the Defender MkII, because I love that stuff?

Finally a TALOS!!! I'll be looking forward to you selling them!!!

ETA: If I get one I'll have to Kitbash it to include the Transition Section like the real TALOS. Guess I'll have to buy two.

Hey Noodle Dude!

These are 1.3125" od PVC. I could not make the step transition look right with the next size PVC so I made it as a one piece.
The rear fins were scaled down to match the single piece construction.
If there is some interest I will upscale the Talos to a two stage Rocket! Pvc or Glass, either way I will have to make a custom rear tube.
Feel free to kit bash if you want, When you order I'll throw in a short drop of pvc for you to play with.

Cool! A few questions:

Are you turning the cones yourself?
Are the nose cones balsa, or something harder?
The fins look fiberglass, are they?
Is the airframe that thin PVC like the Defender MkII, because I love that stuff?

Yes I turned these from Poplar, I have to find a cheaper source than Lowes. Pretty sure I have a company local that can help there.
The fins are G10 .063", Airframe is the same as the Defender MkII ! I Like it it flies great and is a breeze to work with.
To me it's only draw back is it does not like Extreme cold. That is a minor issue, I live in the CSA!!! LOL

Hey Noodle Dude!

These are 1.3125" od PVC. I could not make the step transition look right with the next size PVC so I made it as a one piece.
The rear fins were scaled down to match the single piece construction.
If there is some interest I will upscale the Talos to a two stage Rocket! Pvc or Glass, either way I will have to make a custom rear tube.
Feel free to kit bash if you want, When you order I'll throw in a short drop of pvc for you to play with.

Thanks.

I'm still interested! Be sure to let me know when they're available for purchase. :)

Will do Jeff. I ordered a bunch of E28-7 and F39T-9 to fly them all on!
Hope to have the project in the air in 2 weeks!!

Hi Eric
A number of kit builders have sold mini rockets for mid power motors. But not many if any have went the semi-scale route. You have come up with a very good idea and I think you have a great line of kits that will do very well.
Go Eric

Hi Eric
A number of kit builders have sold mini rockets for mid power motors. But not many if any have went the semi-scale route. You have come up with a very good idea and I think you have a great line of kits that will do very well.
Go Eric

Thank you! I hope so, I wanted to offer something for everyone. As I have moved into fiberglass bigger rockets I have neglected the smaller stuff.
Heck, I'm L3 and I still Love to see a Defender MkII rip off the pad!! These will bring Joy to people and They don't have to be L1! I hope they help bring people into the hobby.

Any updates Eric? Have you had a chance to launch them. Hoping everything works out, I'd love to order a few of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Hi Ringo,

I'm at home gluing fins like crazy. Launch coming up next weekend.
I'll be flying E18's e28's and f39's.
Seriously thinking on making 24mm ex hardware too.
This project has been fun so far.

Eric

(basically, I think the SAAB airframe looks awesome but TLP kits are... more detailed scale than I'm interested in)

Hi Everyone,

I was kinda Manic this week and got on a project I've been wanting to do. These are all Scale and Near scale 24mm Rockets!
I have quite a few more pictures on facebook, BaddAzzRocketry.
All of the line has to be test flown before I kit them.

Here are the Photos:

I'd definitely be interested in all four models. Although, I wish they had all been in stock before I knew about them. Now all I can do is drool and wait and my drool cup is filling up fast.

Yes, I'm with y'all. The SAAB is one sexy Rocket!

Hball, I'm doing all I can! (might want to get one more cup)

100_2622.jpg

100_2616.jpg

100_2615.JPG

100_2614.JPG

100_2611.JPG

100_2604.jpg

100_2603.jpg

100_2600.jpg

100_2598.JPG

100_2597.jpg

These are looking really nice! I may have to make the jump back to MPR for a little while when more details come out.

Back