telemetrum help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thing is Win 7, 64 bit can see the unit without any issue. It shows up in my devices as a modem. Driver is dated June 15, 2014 and version 7.1.1.0. The OS indicates the device is operating properly. The AltOS version is 1.4.1.

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited:
Update on the connection issue.

I downloaded and installed AltOS on another laptop running Win 7 and had the same installation problem with it looking for Java 6 as I had on the first laptop. Any chance this would be an issue? I know 1.4.1 was supposed to clear this up but I've run into it with both machines. I went to the Oracle site and downloaded 6 and it appears everything installed correctly as I am was able to connect with an antenna but still couldn't connect through the USB.

Andrew

Update on the connection issue.

I downloaded and installed AltOS on another laptop running Win 7 and had the same installation problem with it looking for Java 6 as I had on the first laptop. Any chance this would be an issue? I know 1.4.1 was supposed to clear this up but I've run into it with both machines. I went to the Oracle site and downloaded 6 and it appears everything installed correctly as I am was able to connect with an antenna but still couldn't connect through the USB.

Andrew

So it works on one laptop and not on two others? Can you see the devices in the device manager on the broken machines? If not, then it's definitely not a Java problem; the device driver is a native windows driver (supplied with Windows).

I also have the problem, that I can connect to the TeleMega over Teledongle or Telebluetooth, but I can not connect to it over USB wire.
I have installed the newest software and reinstalled all the drivers (before I had installed the old drivers with turning off the windows check), no change.
I am Using Windows 8.1 64bit.
I have also tested a different wire and a different computer (also windows 8), same problem.

In the device manager the Telemega has a warning sign with "The device can not be started". Reinstalling the driver manually does not change this.
If I start AltusOI and go to "configure altimeter" I see the Telemega on COM4.

If I click "connect" I get: "The System can not find the specified path (3)".

And now it gets really strange. I have a Telemetrum v1.2, which I can connect and configure over USB (COM3) without a problem.

Its not really a big problem since I can use the Telemega over the Teledongle.

I will try it on linux next.

Last edited:
Hi Keith,

Sorry for the confusion, I can't get it to connect by USB on either laptop. I'm attending AIRFest at the end of the month and will get with you there. I'm sure there is a simple solution.

Andrew

In the device manager the Telemega has a warning sign with "The device can not be started".
I will try it on linux next.

The initial firmware shipped with TeleMega back in November didn't work with Windows. That's fixed in more recent releases. You can reflash the device from Linux or Mac OS X. We never shipped any TeleMetrum v2.0 devices with this problem.

Thanks, I have updated the firmware using the debian live dvd and now it works on windows.

Last edited:
I can't connect to the Telemetrum 2.0 via USB.

It powers up, beeps, and the lights come on. The light status changes on the altimeter when USB is attached and powered up. The battery charge indicator, after time, will turn green, so something on the board is working, however, I can't connect to it.

I have successfully connected to this altimeter before with this computer.

I've gone through 4 USB cords. Removed the hub and placed directly on the laptop (win7). Updated AltOS from 1.3 to 1.5.

I've no other computer to try to use or OS to run on the computer to see if I can connect that way.

Suggestions? I'm tapped out.

Later!

--Coop

Update: downloaded AltOS 1.5 onto a borrowed Win8 machine. Could not connect via USB on that, either.

Altimeter position --horizontal, vertical-- does not have an effect.

Later!

--Coop

Further update: Windows says the device is unrecognized and not functioning properly. Have tried uninstalling through control panel and reinstalling, however, keep getting the same error message.

I've got to walk away from this thing right now--getting REALLY frustrated. If anyone has an idea, please respond--I've subscribed to the thread and should get an update on my phone.

Thanks!

Later!

--Coop

Further update: Windows says the device is unrecognized and not functioning properly. Have tried uninstalling through control panel and reinstalling, however, keep getting the same error message.

Given that it used to work, it's not the same problem as above where the first AltOS firmware load wouldn't work on some Windows machines. If you really don't have another machine to test on, you can send it back to us and we'll make sure the board works; that would at least eliminate one variable...

Much thanks, Keith!

I will mess with it over the weekend, dispatch willing, and give it one more go. If I've not made progress come Monday, I will take you up on the offer.

Best,

--Coop

Update: Today, I attempted again, and everything is working fine. I've shut it off and turned it on, four restarts, and it all seems to be working. I linked up via radio to the altimeter standing in the parking lot, and tested the outputs via USB. I don't think I did anything differently than last time... odd.

Best,

--Coop

I searched and found this thread so looks like the place to post my issue.
I have TeleMetrum v1.1, TeleDongle v0.2, TeleBT v3.0 and using Windows Vista.
Everything works as it should using the TeleDongle and the TeleBT works fine with AltosDroid,
but I can't get the TeleBT to show up as device in AltOS via bluetooth. I know it is connected to computer
cause it is indicated in the Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba. But it does not show up
in Windows device manager. The TeleBT works fine plugged with usb cord and even shows up in Windows device manger.
I know this is Windows issue but thought would ask if anybody else has run into this and found a solution.
BTW I have the same issue 'no show' with my Windows 10 tablet. I paired it fine and it remains as paired
but it just does not show up in the Device Selection window. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry, but the Windows version of AltosUI doesn't (yet) support bluetooth.

Well that explains it. I guess the TeleBT will be used exclusively with AltosDroid and the TeleDongle will be used with my laptop.

Thanks Keith

I felt embarrassed enough that I finally went and wrote the bluetooth code for Windows. It'll be in the next release of AltosUI. You can give a preliminary version of that a try if you like by downloading from

https://keithp.com/~keithp/altos-1.6.2

It has not gone through final testing and validation, so I wouldn't use it on the flight line, but I'd love to hear if the bluetooth code seems to work for you.

Why embarrassed? Nothing wrong with having something on a to-do list.
This is v1.6.2? I have that one already, is this a updated version 1.6.2 with the bluetooth code for Windows?
I will give a try on my laptop and tablet and give a report back here in a couple of days.
Thanks Keith

Why embarrassed? Nothing wrong with having something on a to-do list.
This is v1.6.2? I have that one already, is this a updated version 1.6.2 with the bluetooth code for Windows?
I will give a try on my laptop and tablet and give a report back here in a couple of days.
Thanks Keith

It's been on the todo list for a couple of years...

In any case, yes, this is a 1.6.2 with a bunch of updates and I didn't manage to change the version number yet.

Keith - any word on the Mac AltOS? I still can't connect the TeleDongle or directly via USB with El Capitan (nor can any of my friends with their Macs).

Back