Mounting Hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conman13

Reaction score
I need to purchase some mounting hardware for my altimeters in some builds I have going right now. the only place I see them is apogee and I don't want to pay the 8$ in shipping for something that costs 3$. Where is everyone getting there mounting hardware? where is the cheapest place to get it? BTW I am talking 4-40 mounting hardware. :confused: :confused: :confused:

ok thanks everyone. I'm liking the perfectflite ones because they are cheap look cool and they have cheap shipping.

Thanks for all the links. I will look them all and see what works best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I need to purchase some mounting hardware for my altimeters in some builds I have going right now. the only place I see them is apogee and I don't want to pay the 8$ in shipping for something that costs 3$. Where is everyone getting there mounting hardware? where is the cheapest place to get it? BTW I am talking 4-40 mounting hardware. :confused: :confused: :confused:

0-80" to 4-40" Stainless and Nylon Fasteners from McMaster-Carr You still pay shipping but only about half what your talking about above. Just got a couple packs of 2-56 and 4-40" Stainless steel MS from then UPS was $4.80.

I get 2-56 and 4-40 hardware from Micro Fasteners. They have nylon screws too, and even oddball sizes like #3 flathead screws I used on my Astrobee D.
Same here. Cheap, high quality, and fast with low shipping cost.

For something I need "right now," I head for an Ace Hardware. They usually have a very large hardware section with all kinds of unusual stuff like the M3 metric washers that were the perfect ID for some pop rivets I recently used.

My lowes and Home Depot don't carry anything smaller than #6, so it's Ace hardware for anything I need right now. I will peruse those links as well, because most of my building happens after-hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back