Mercury Engineering Integrator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marwady

Build twice, Launch once
Reaction score
Hello All!!

I am in the beginning stages of constructing a Mercury Engineering Integrator.

I have a Hijacker that I really like so I thought I'd give one of the big 4" kits they offer a try.

They make a cluster version of this kit but I'm sticking to the 29mm single version.

This is a great kit with high quality parts IMHO.

Everything you need to complete this kit is there including a huge, 36" rip stop chute.

I might add that I got some great customer service from Solomon Pena, Mercury's owner during my purchase.

The only mods I am making are an Estes 29mm retainer, papered fins (these things are huge) and leaving the back CR off until I can epoxy the inside of the fin can.

I will post as I go along, here are some pix:

Dang, that's looking great! I can't wait to see it painted :)

One of my Favorites in my fleet.....Mercury Engineering have quality kits, I also have the Hijacker with several flights under it's belt. Good luck, looking good.

Nice build!

still I don't know why they sell 4" air frames and not the 4" nose cones??

Dan, I would email Solomon Pena at Mercury. He is a great guy and I would be surprised if he could not accommodate you.

Cheers!!

This is one of my favorite fliers.
Mine gets over 1000 ft on a G 80, and for a 4 inch dia. rocket of this size that is awesome.

I like Mercury's stuff so much I bought the 4 inch air frame and nose cone from them for my NCR Phantom 4000 clone.

Mercury Engineering is tied to Balsa Machining..Don't know exactly the relationship..I crashed my Integrator and Bill assisted me with purchasing a new nose cone.
If you need anything in regards to your Mercury Engineering rockets you can email [email protected]
or Bill [email protected].

Hope this helps

I have the Integrator 29mm, Hijacker, Grave Danger, and RDR I. Great quality kits with robust BTs, but you will need to paper or light-weight glass the balsa fins on the Integrator and RDR to survive rough landings, or the kids dropping on the floor. I have had to repair mine on several occasions.

Grave Danger is my favorite. Tough rocket with ply fins and 29mm will fly on just about any D-G.

Last edited:
Really old thread, but did a Google search and found this. But im building mine now I got 10 years ago, how did the fins hold up? I'm thinking of getting custom one made from Rocketryworks..

The one second from the left, I have a picture in an old rocketry magazine where Mercury showed up at a big launch, and had a drag race with three or four of them.

Really old thread, but did a Google search and found this. But im building mine now I got 10 years ago, how did the fins hold up? I'm thinking of getting custom one made from Rocketryworks..

The fins on my 24mm powered version of the BMS 3” School Rocket are pretty much the same - I papered mine and they have held held up very well through many, many launches.

I wish BMS would bring back some of the Mercury Engineering designs especially the RDR though I guess I could just ask for a set of fins from BMS and do my own…

The fins on my 24mm powered version of the BMS 3” School Rocket are pretty much the same - I papered mine and they have held held up very well through many, many launches.

I wish BMS would bring back some of the Mercury Engineering designs especially the RDR though I guess I could just ask for a set of fins from BMS and do my own…
I was thinking and still might have some plywood fins made for it. I have that option it might be worth it for a HPR.

I liked this company and its kits. Sad that they went away.
IIRC BMS made most if not all the Mercury Engineering parts - BMS bought ME, I think, so they should have the rights to the designs. I think there was talk at one time about some of the kits coming back as BMS kits…

The 3” kits would just be variations of the current 3” School Rocket. BMS doesn’t show any 4” nose cones on their website so lack of those might be why we never saw any of the bigger ME kits after the purchase by BMS. It’s always all about the nose cones!

Got stuff made for mine, really cool. That's for the inspiration guys. He had all this stuff( I physically mailed him all my Integrator info/instructions and parts in a box on my expense.) before he sent the closing email so as far as i know he's just full filling what was placed up to that point as far as him just cleaning out inventory and not making anything new. But its his business I have no clue if he's doing certaint things or not, email him, please.

Attachments

• 20230721_124200.jpg
    20230721_124200.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 0
Back