Useless Bitching about Ads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I love the Watering Hole, this thread right here! After reading the same old rocketry crap for the thousandth time I can come to the Hole and read stuff like this and be entertained for hours and hours. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go start a thread about what I'm having for dinner tonight.:)

This is why I love the Watering Hole, this thread right here! After reading the same old rocketry crap for the thousandth time I can come to the Hole and read stuff like this and be entertained for hours and hours. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go start a thread about what I'm having for dinner tonight.:)

Careful I may Bitch about that! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA

In Internet Explorer, go to Manage Add-Ons. At the bottom of the window you'll see something like "Find more add-ons" which you click. Just type Adblock into the search window and Adblock plus should come up.

For other browsers, see this:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?64354-How-to-Install-Adblock-Plus

Thank you for taking the time to post that info Marc.

I thought this thread was kind'a pointless when you could sign in and enjoy TRF without ads. I believe the new owner stated there would be no ads if you were signed in in a past thread (that would require research and I don't care enough about the issue to do the research).

Ad blocker here I come!

For what it's worth, I think the current level of ads on the site are no big deal, and I installed AdblockerPlus due to CNN and the weather page I frequent, both of which have started auto-downloading and playing lots of video ads. Ick. Removal of ads from TRF is a side effect benefit for me.

By the way- for me, I had to restart IE for AdBlock+ to start, and then agree to let it run the first time... since then, smooth sailing.

Marc

After careful decision, I have decided not to stand up an alternative. It is not worth the hassle and resulting bullseye on my forehead.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I hate all these ads.

After careful decision, I have decided not to stand up an alternative. It is not worth the hassle and resulting bullseye on my forehead.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I hate all these ads.

Ok Roger, looks like you are up...

The Realm of Darkness BBS!

Telnet:
bbs.trod.org

Modem:
623-907-2858

I have not bothered to read this entire thread. The first page told me what I need to know.

I've made my living on the net since 1996. Troj the site is as helpful, informational, and entertaining as it ever was. Ads don't make a damn bit of difference. They are show me EXACTLY was I looked for on Amazon about 3 hours ago. So f'in what? Duh! I DID look. I hope the ads help support this great site. I don't mind at all. Let the idiots who think the world is free head on over to nah nah land. I hope you make enough to keep this great site around and come close to breaking even.

I have not bothered to read this entire thread. The first page told me what I need to know.

snip... I hope the ads help support this great site. I don't mind at all. Let the idiots who think the world is free head on over to nah nah land. I hope you make enough to keep this great site around and come close to breaking even.
That's all well and good—but Troj doesn't own it anymore. Just say'in.

What makes you think it's losing money? Just wondering.

Back