Useless Bitching about Ads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just looking for one answer that I have NOT seen DIRECTLY addressed, will there be ads placed over pictures posted by forum members?

Here, I'll answer it for you.

Just to piss you off, I'll make sure that at some random point in the future, they stick images over the top of your images.

Now will you give it a freakin' rest?!

Here, I'll answer it for you.

Just to piss you off, I'll make sure that at some random point in the future, they stick images over the top of your images.

Now will you give it a freakin' rest?!

Maybe I missed the answer somewhere...yes or no? And I am asking for everyone that posts pictures and may have missed the answer.

I am asking for very professional reasons.

If the ads are going to be over the lower right corner, let us know and we can put relevant info elsewhere in the image.

Last edited:
There's always going to be someone that complains about something. It's just the way they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Me too Mat. Do you winers really bitch at the adds on your TV. Really. Get over it

Yes, and they fixed it. Channel 3 kept running ads at the wrong aspect ratio. I called, now they run them at the correct aspect ratio. That's not bitching, that's doing something, I "got'r done".

Does your TV show you ads or adds?

Yes, and they fixed it. Channel 3 kept running ads at the wrong aspect ratio. I called, now they run them at the correct aspect ratio. That's not bitching, that's doing something, I "got'r done".

...and it wears people out.

Seriously.

If you guys want a significant portion of why I no longer own this forum, then you need to look no further than the statement from Bob that I quoted.

It didn't matter what we did, we were wrong, and the threads whining about it would go on, and on, and on, and on. It started sucking the life out of the hobby for me.

Now, there are some ads here. Guess what? Almost every website I use has ads, and many of them they're more intrusive than they are here.

If you'd put half the energy into adding useful content to this forum that you put into pissing and moaning about ads, think about the amount of beneficial content there would be here.

If you want to know what drives potential users away faster than ads, look at threads like this. Does a site where a lot of the initial content that you see is people pissing and moaning sound very fun or inviting to look at? Would it attract you to stick around?

You sir deserve a :cheers:

I don't think you alone got it done. It don't happen like that.

You want to stop all the bitching and complaning, get rid of this useless "Watering Hole" category.

You want to stop all the bitching and complaning, get rid of this useless "Watering Hole" category.

A+++++++++++++++ Facebook is the place to talk about alien abduction and other crap we see on the water hole

Saw the new name of the thread and thought, "I don't remember subscribing to this..." And then I opened thread. Oh yeah...I remember this now.

Sent from my iPhone using TopRamens Rocketry Forum App

Placing a black strip at the bottom of an image will work I think. The ads won't obscure the image.

Cute-Kitten-kittens-16123151-1280-800.jpg

Been reading through the posts here.

Then it came to me.

The posters complaining, are doing this to vent. They don't want to leave, and posting their opinion is one way to let others know. New members are great, but, if you chase off all of the old members who wins?

Things change! Not always for the good.

For all that say get rid of the Watering Hole-well on almost any given day, most viewers are in this place and those who complain are posting (and reading) the very forum more than once. There must be a reason for that as well.

Mike

For all that say get rid of the Watering Hole-well on almost any given day, most viewers are in this place and those who complain are posting (and reading) the very forum more than once. There must be a reason for that as well.

It's human nature. You may not actually want to see a severed head at the crash on the side of the road, but you will look for it every time you drive past. That's why traffic gets piled up so bad after a collision. Bottom line is happy people tend not to bitch about things as silly as this, unhappy people tend to bitch at everything. Fixing the ad issue won't stop the bitching, it will only stop the bitching about the ads. Another thought that comes to mind is: what's to talk about when it's all been talked about?

well I started this thread, and normally I'm a very happy person, in fact you can look at all my past posts and I've never bitched about anything. never used ad blockers, never had to before, which makes me wonder where everybody's going that they need to block ads.hmmmmmmm.
I have since added ad blocker to all of my computers, I can't do it on my work computer, my work network has refused access to this page due to unscrupulous information and or questionable sites attached to the ads.this site is permanently blocked by my work computer

life goes on and my computer now and needs prophylactics to enter this world.

who changed the name of this thread, I did to be facetious.

I think I have the solution to this conundrum: Put all bitching in the Restricted Research area where only important people will see it. :rant::rofl::puke::duck:

I like having the watering hole option. For me, it serves as the occasionally needed "social media" distraction when my eyes glaze over from being immersed in all things rocketry. I am interested in knowing what fellow rocketeers think about things NOT necessarily related to rocketry. Not all of my Facebook friends are rocket scientists and appreciate the hobby. I appreciate the availability of all forum categories.

A+++++++++++++++ Facebook is the place to talk about alien abduction and other crap we see on the water hole

I just saw ads at the top and bottom of the home page, and I am signed in. When did this crap start.

What's the link for the ad blocker again?

I don't see any ads unless I use my phone. The ads are annoying but pretty much every site and every app has them. Just got used to them I guess.

Back