Useless Bitching about Ads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlb

Sky Pyrate...
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you are having problems with these pages lately.
I'm noticing it takes up to 10 times longer to load the pages is now.
There are so many tracking software packages attached to these Ads it's ridiculous.

It is getting very hard to put up with and my frequency here is dropping, without having to install an Ad Blocker software.
This problem is universal a month Windows XP Windows 7 and Windows 8 and my android tablet to boot..
There looks to be about 8-10 individual tracking programs attached to each Ad.
I know I'm crazy, but look on the lower left area in your browse to see how many different sites it goes to. :facepalm:

Last edited:
same problems I understand that they want to have ads but my whole upper screen is now one large add.

I'm fixin to leave if this keeps up. This Site Sucks.

ETA: Edit Feature works now.:D

Last edited:
It's the same number of ads as before; they just moved them.

However, in the process of doing so, some things got broken. :(

-Kevin

It's the same number of ads as before; they just moved them.

However, in the process of doing so, some things got broken. :(

-Kevin

Sounds like some folks need to deal with their own personal internet security.

When is the last time you cleared your "cookies" or ran a malware cleaner like Ad-aware?

I visit TRF from several devices/computers..... even my 10 year old laptop on Windows XP runs fine.......

Jerome :)

What are you people talking about? I don't see ads at all. Are these ads around when you aren't logged on? If so, stay logged on and quit yer incessant complaining.:cry:

Added: the only ad I see is the banner ad at the top of the main forum page. Perhaps this is a problem with your browser because honestly the banner ad is the only ad I ever see and it's on the main page of this forum. I even log out and the banner ad is the only ad I ever see.

Last edited:
There's almost as many ads as here are posts bitching about them. It's the interwebs. It happens.

I'm spending more time and doing my builds on the club site now. I'm sure the world will not notice. This site is still a great resource... Despite the dilution.

Cookies are removed every time I shut my browser down, I run Mcaffes security software. I've never had this problem and as you read above it has the same problem on Windows XP, windows 7, windows 8 and Android. My work computer which is a Ingersoll Rand network, blocks this site totally now, proclaiming the site is unsafe.Now this is something that's happened just recently, say a month maybe , before that no problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
Well starting today, adds moved from top & bottom blue header into the white. Middle of forums, I can no longer reply to a post in Firefox and had to open Safari to post here. Good news Safari has none of these adds. When Firefox loads....if ya watch the load window... it's up to 30 ITEMS[all tracking, add inserting crap] when first using the Forum. Any other site I go to is only 2-4 items. Went straight to my cookie killer and Yeeep...... they were all there being blocked 25 of them. I still have to delete after every session or more will be there......like rabbits they just keep multiplying.

I went through my cookies,[which i did 3 week ago] and deleted over 4,000! I had to do it individually as not to delete any log in or bank stuff. At least my Mac is blinding fast again.

However I cannot reply to PM's or Posts using FireFox which loads up on these.

No I don't want to hear any " do this & add that ...Block this crap" None of this ever happened until recently when all this add crap showed up. It is not on any other site I go to. I should not have to learn all these new fan-dangled ways to beat the system. The system should not need it!

Just means I will be lurking more and posting less & being sure to wipe my blocker & cookies after every visit.

Now I am not blaming anyone or bitching about what's going on. Just stating facts & wishing there was another more "user friendly" way these things could be done. The culprit is all the tracking and web page following devices being installed every time I browse here.

"And that's the facts Jack'

Sent from my Forum friendly supercharged add killing Safari browser.

I am happy to report that I don't see any unwanted ads. Zero, nada, zilch.

But I'm reluctant to tell you how, lest the advertisers figure out how to circumvent my circumvention....

(I turned it off once and saw an ad that said, "See your arrest records now!" , and decided it was better to switch the cloaking device back on and lay low.)

does that mean you're admitting your a Klingon.

Yesterday I accidentally surfed here without protection fully turned on - Mcafee blocked the lower ad banner

blocked.jpg

I didn't do anything I just logged of for a couple hours and when I came back on nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary and it allowed me to edit posts and post pictures just fine.

....and it's fixed.

I did report (via email) to someone "in a position of authority" that there was a problem. I suspect word got passed along, and it got fixed.

Or, whoever was doing the fiddling finally finished fiddling and made it work again.

Whatever it was, the elves and gnomes seem to have quit interrupting things!

Edit: Ah, I see! Someone turned off the ads that had been moved to the new location. That is what's making it work. I suspect someone else has an email telling them to fix it before turning them back on. :)

-Kevin

if you use FireFox try ad block plus works great for me i see not one ad :wink:

Everyone remain calm---- all is better now---- we return you back to your regular program. "Hello Houston. thought we saw a bright green flash, Houston? Houston? Canberra tracking do you read? Canber---------- ---- -- - -- - - -"

I must live in an alternate universe because the site has been as fast as ever for me, and I'm seeing FEWER ads. Instead of the two banner ads at the top of the screen I am just seeing one. The banner ad from the Google system is no longer there.

I see all the adds are gone now. Have you guys ever noticed when your not on this site. You try to find something on the net, and the next time you come in here the adds they have are the same things you were searching for five minutes before.
I think it's all the spyware they install when you come into the site. They are trying to target us for their adds.:y:

Browse in incognito mode if you don't want to see targeted ads. of course, I just use ad blocker or ignore the ads... :)

Dang it, I don't see any ads and I really, really need a Polex watch cheap!

I have never seen any of this stuff.

But then again, I use Opera on my PCs and mobile.

FC

Back